ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengen visa query for UK ILR Holder

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Divu

Schengen visa query for UK ILR Holder

Post by Divu » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:19 pm

Hello friends! Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I need to travel on December 2nd to Switzerland and I messed up with the appointment. The latest one I have got is for December 1st. I can't get any other appointment anywhere else.

I am an Indian passport holder, with UK ILR status married to a British citizen. My last VIS fingerprint was taken after 2015 but does not fall within the 59 month period so I am struggling to get an appointment.

- If I am travelling with my spouse who is a British citizen, do I need a Schengen visa? I am trying to make sense of this post Link but I am not sure.

- Based on this statement, should I try and apply for a visa given my VIS is not very far off from 59 months and it is taken after 20.11.2015. Has anyone got experience of this situation?
If your finger scans were collected within the last 59 months, then you won’t have to give new fingerprints for your next visa application(s) and personal appearance is not necessary. However, you have to provide a copy of your visa sticker issued after 20.11.2015. If you are not sure or do not remember whether your fingerprints have been captured for a Schengen visa within the last 59 months, you have to appear in person.

You will still have to appear in person to give your fingerprints in case the previously collected fingerprints prove to be of insufficient quality.(referenced from TLS website)

I am just trying to see if I am well informed about all the options before I decide its too late for me to make this trip. Please help!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Schengen visa query for UK ILR Holder

Post by CR001 » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:21 pm

You need a Schengen visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.