ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Schengian VISA with "EUROPE-2" cover for Travel Insurance

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

abbymishra1234
Newly Registered

Schengian VISA with "EUROPE-2" cover for Travel Insurance

Post by abbymishra1234 » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:06 pm

Hello All,

Need some experience/advice on the following situation.

I did my Schengen Visa Appointment today, and the Guy at the TLSContact, informed me while verifying my documents - that the Travel Insurance doesn't mention the list of countries covered. I had taken the EUROPE-2 cover by Alpha Insurance.

I typically always take via them, while applying for the Schengen VISA.

He made a note on my application - that the EU Insurance documents - doesn't specify the list of countries. Is that going to affect my application status?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,
Abhipsa.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Schengian VISA with "EUROPE-2" cover for Travel Insurance

Post by Ticktack » Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:54 am

abbymishra1234 wrote:
Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:06 pm
Hello All,

Need some experience/advice on the following situation.

I did my Schengen Visa Appointment today, and the Guy at the TLSContact, informed me while verifying my documents - that the Travel Insurance doesn't mention the list of countries covered. I had taken the EUROPE-2 cover by Alpha Insurance.

I typically always take via them, while applying for the Schengen VISA.

He made a note on my application - that the EU Insurance documents - doesn't specify the list of countries. Is that going to affect my application status?

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Regards,
Abhipsa.
International travel health insurance policies will generally provide coverage for all countries except the country in which you live.

The guy on the other side might not know what the heck he's talking about. They seldom do!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Schengian VISA with "EUROPE-2" cover for Travel Insurance

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:05 am

Normally travel insurance is sold either covering continental Europe or Worlwide, maybe also for North America only - just from personal experience. Whether you are on a visa or Free Movement doesn't matter.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.