ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Second entry with Schengen visa - staying at my boyfriend with no formal invitation

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

CloudyNow
Turkey

Second entry with Schengen visa - staying at my boyfriend with no formal invitation

Post by CloudyNow » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:19 pm

I obtained a multi-entry Schengen visa from Germany which I used for the stated purpose. Now I'm travelling to Luxembourg and this time I am staying over at my boyfriend. He is a resident there but we didn't bother writing a formal invitation letter since I already had a visa. Will the border police refuse to let me in if I don't have a formal invitation? I do have a return flight booked.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Second entry with Schengen visa - staying at my boyfriend with no formal invitation

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:22 pm

They reserve the right to ask you the same documents you provided to get the visa, which includes financial evidence, proof of where you will be staying, etc. As long as you provide satisfactory answers it is unlikely you will be refused entry. There is a chance they might not ask for anything either.
CloudyNow wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:19 pm
I obtained a multi-entry Schengen visa from Germany which I used for the stated purpose. Now I'm travelling to Luxembourg and this time I am staying over at my boyfriend. He is a resident there but we didn't bother writing a formal invitation letter since I already had a visa. Will the border police refuse to let me in if I don't have a formal invitation? I do have a return flight booked.