ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short Stay Visa to France to Visit Partner's Family

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

not_privileged
Newly Registered
Turkey

Short Stay Visa to France to Visit Partner's Family

Post by not_privileged » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi,

My boyfriend (French and British) and I (Turkish) would like to visit my boyfriend's family in France travelling from the UK, but unfortunately due to Coronavirus, as a Turkish passport holder, I am not sure if I will be able to apply for a Schengen short-term visa at the moment (even though TLScontact / French-visas reopened a few weeks ago).

I understand that limitations about visiting France are not about nationality, but about the country from which visitors travel. Here is some piece of information I came across about this:

https://www.traveloffpath.com/countries ... to-france/
Is entry into France based on physical location for the last 14-days, or nationality?
France has said the lists are not based on nationality, but where the traveler has been the last 14 days.

In an exact quote from the Canadian embassy in France: “From July 1, people from Canada, regardless of their nationality, are now admitted to French territory, particularly for tourist reasons, with a valid passport.”

Travelers from the two above approved lists of countries, as long as they are coming from said countries and have been in said countries for at least 14 days, and are traveling with valid documents, should be granted entry into France.

I haven't come across the above statement for British residents yet, so I wonder if I will be able to apply for a short-term visa as a Turkish citizen resident in the UK.

Another matter that we can't find answer for is the best way to go about the application.

On the TLScontact application form, in the 'your plans' tab, there is a 'your plans' sub-field where I can pick ‘family or private visit’. The second sub-field then offers:
- Family visit
- Family visit / child or foreign-parent of French national or his spouse
- For purpose of marriage with a French national
- Members of Catholic or Porotestant congregation covered by the single form
- Private visit / family of EU/EEA/Swiss national
- Private visit / spouse of French national

I honestly don’t know which one to pick. I’m visiting his family but we are not married yet, can I pick ‘family visit’? Or should it be ‘Private visit / spouse of French national’. No category really fits and I can’t get to any official through their phone line. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Other relevant information that might help:
- I hold a UK spouse residence permit (unmarried partner visa) at the moment.
- I’m currently unemployed so any document regarding financial resources will come from my partner.

Thank you very much.