Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Spanish homeless

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Member of Standing
Posts: 263
Joined: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:42 am

Spanish homeless

Post by gainvidya » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:01 pm


Quick and urgent question. There is a spanish man in my friends shop in London as its too cold out. He cant speak english and its hard to communicate. He has just come from stansted airport and tired. We're feeling sad for this person but I dont understand what we could do?

He just have pound 20 with him and no place to stay. Whats the best action for us to do?

Any quick response will be much appreciated.


Diamond Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: Thu May 22, 2008 11:07 am

Post by Plum70 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:02 pm

Give 'Shelter' or 'Centre point' a call and see what they can do. They may also be able to give advice if they can't provide emergency shelter.

Any way to know what this chap is doing here? If he speaks no English how do you know he's just off a plane from Stansted?

Respected Guru
Posts: 7121
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:09 am
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 pm

If he is a Spanish citizen, ask to see his ID card or passport.

He has the right to find work in the UK. He should probably do that!