ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL-POLISH EMBASSY, NIGERIA

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mrsszstk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL-POLISH EMBASSY, NIGERIA

Post by mrsszstk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 am

Hello everyone,
I am new to this forum and need some assistance.
I am a Nigerian married to a Polish citizen. I applied for a tourist visa in 2017 before we got married. I got a refusal, appealed and was still refused.

We got married in June 2018 and registered the marriage with the Polish authorities. I applied as a spouse later in 2018 and again I got a refusal. The reasons were 'justification for the purpose of visit' and 'intention to leave territory of member states', basically the usual nonsense. I appealed and got yet another refusal, this time the only reason was 'intention to leave territory of member states'. This obviously does not make sense, because we are married and I should be able to travel to my husband's country.

At this point I am so frustrated with the Polish embassy. The visa processing and appeal even took weeks- a lot longer than it should have, only to get a disappointing refusal. I don't want to even go into how shoddily Nigerian/West African applicants are treated at the embassy. SMH! We are hoping that I would be able to join my husband in Warsaw by April this year, but we don't know what next to do. It seems like the embassy in Nigeria is only here to handout mass refusals and does not even consider applications on an individual basis.

I have asked my husband to contact an immigration lawyer in Poland before I apply again, as I don't think I can take another refusal. I would be grateful if someone who has faced similar issues could tell me how they went about it. It is important to reiterate that the Polish embassy in Nigeria is especially notorious for denying visas and just generally treating all applicants poorly. Someone mentioned (on another forum) reporting the issue to the European Commission, but I can't find enough information or contact details on their website. We are also considering having a lawyer contact the Polish foreign affairs ministry. But I would really like to hear suggestions/advice from other people.

Thank you.

solamente
Newly Registered
Portugal

Re: SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL-POLISH EMBASSY, NIGERIA

Post by solamente » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:01 pm

mrsszstk wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:36 am
Someone mentioned (on another forum) reporting the issue to the European Commission, but I can't find enough information or contact details on their website.
Thank you.
I don't know if it's applicable. I know you can appeal when it comes another European country, but when you apply for a visa at your husband national embassy, I guess it's different. Maybe try another country, then apply for residence in Poland.

mrsszstk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mrsszstk » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm

Hi Solamente,
Thanks for the reply. We have also considered applying to another EU country, but my fear is that given my history with the Polish embassy, they may not look favorably on my application. I might try France or Italy.
solamente wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:01 pm
mrsszstk wrote:
Someone mentioned (on another forum) reporting the issue to the European Commission, but I can't find enough information or contact details on their website.
Thank you.
I don't know if it's applicable. I know you can appeal when it comes another European country, but when you apply for a visa at your husband national embassy, I guess it's different. Maybe try another country, then apply for residence in Poland.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am

Do not push it with Poland. They will refuse.
And do not randomly think about choosing countries.

The best option for you to join your husband in Germany or Netherlands, and preferably make your application with a local lawyer.

Although not required, expect to prepare documents proving your relationship and history.
mrsszstk wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm
Hi Solamente,
Thanks for the reply. We have also considered applying to another EU country, but my fear is that given my history with the Polish embassy, they may not look favorably on my application. I might try France or Italy.
solamente wrote:
mrsszstk wrote:
Thank you.

mrsszstk
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by mrsszstk » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:36 pm

I will keep that in mind. Thank you.
Caravel88 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:41 am
Do not push it with Poland. They will refuse.
And do not randomly think about choosing countries.

The best option for you to join your husband in Germany or Netherlands, and preferably make your application with a local lawyer.

Although not required, expect to prepare documents proving your relationship and history.
mrsszstk wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:40 pm
Hi Solamente,
solamente wrote:
mrsszstk wrote:
Thank you.