ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa - travel to Europe

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

concerned dad
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa - travel to Europe

Post by concerned dad » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:25 am

Hi

I am a UK citizen and my wife has a UK Spouse visa. Does she have the same travel rights as me for travel in Europe?

Many thanks

secret.simon

Re: Spouse Visa - travel to Europe

Post by secret.simon » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:53 am

concerned dad wrote:
Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:25 am
Hi

I am a UK citizen and my wife has a UK Spouse visa. Does she have the same travel rights as me for travel in Europe?

Many thanks
That depends on her passport, not yours.

If she is a visa national for Schengen countries, she would need to apply for a Schengen visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

concerned dad
Newly Registered

Post by concerned dad » Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:35 am

I'm getting conflicting advice on this.

We are only flying to the airport to meet our son in the International Zone. We will not leave the airport and will return home to London on the same day.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:03 pm

To board the plane, the airline will insist that she has the right visa for that country, even if you have no intention of leaving the airport or that you are going to stay airside, and not pass through immigration control.

I am British and my wife Vietnamise and she needs a visa to go to France, even though I don't.