ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surinder Singh via Germany

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

heetdpatel
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by heetdpatel » Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:12 pm

Do we have any update?

I am trying to do this route now. I setup the limited (GMBH) company in Germany. And now I am going to start trading from August. So please can you confirm if there are any change in rules?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Posts: 10511
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:46 pm
Ireland

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by Wanderer » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:11 am

heetdpatel wrote:Do we have any update?

I am trying to do this route now. I setup the limited (GMBH) company in Germany. And now I am going to start trading from August. So please can you confirm if there are any change in rules?
Would you not have been better setting up as a Freiberufler?
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

mak35
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by mak35 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:29 pm

Wanderer wrote:
heetdpatel wrote:Do we have any update?

I am trying to do this route now. I setup the limited (GMBH) company in Germany. And now I am going to start trading from August. So please can you confirm if there are any change in rules?
Would you not have been better setting up as a Freiberufler?
I agree with Wanderer. I have been in Germany since June. My first month of working was through my UK Ltd company and it was a way to starting the process in Germany. Based on that I was able to get German RC for my parents. Then I found a proper contract with a big German company and have been freelancing since mid July. It has only been a month and the initial contract is only until end of September but I am hopeful that it will be extended.
If not, I will have to look for something else but my plan is to return to UK end of December. I guess I would have to apply for EEA permit by end of November. I would hopefully be going back after completing 6 months.
Do you guys think its enough?
I have had very limited internet here in Germany due to messing about of some internet companies and have not been in touch with this Brexit a lot. Seems like UK will trigger article 50 start of next year.
Also one more important question that in preparation for going back I have the following now
1. Tenancy agreement with my parents and family member names
2. My parents German RC
3. My wife should receive her RC soon too
4. Our tax numbers
5. Me and my parents "Auskunft über die Steuerliche Identifikationsnummer" - "Information on the Tax Identification Number"
6. Sozialversicherungsausweis - our Social Security numbers
7. Invoices from work
8. Freelance Tax registration number
9. VAT number
10. Contract from German employer
11. My whole family is now insured with German health insurance TK - very expensive due to my freelance work

Things that are in progress
1. Looking for a nursery for my 3 year old daughter. No places in the near by nurseries and they are asking us to come next year!!
2. Gym membership
3. Library membership
4. Start to learn the German language. Really need to do this. Even though I am working for a German employer but they all speak English so I am not having much of a difficulty. But I guess for centre of life its a must.

Anything else you think I should do whilst I am there that can make my case stronger?

Also do I need to declare in UK that I am now a resident of Germany? Do I need to tell the UK Tax authorities? Wanderer / Nojthan can you point me to any threads on this topic please?

Also in my first month from June to mid July I was going back and forth between UK and Germany as I was trying to close operations in UK and start up in Germany. In the mean time we had our baby born in UK too and then my wife and kids moved in the beginning of August. My parents had been with me in Germany since June. Do you think it could cause any issues and be seen as I have not moved my centre of life.
But from the end of July to December I would probably visit UK once to attend a wedding and that would be it.

mak35
Newbie
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:29 pm

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by mak35 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:01 pm

Hi,

One more important thing.

I am paying a very high health insurance and taxes obviously due to my freelance set up and how much I earn.
Can we claim child benefit in Germany? I think I will have to restrict my working hours to 30 hrs per week if I was to be eligible for that but I heard the child benefit is quite generous in Germany.

Since I am paying a lot of money toward social system I should get some benefit out of it too? what are your thoughts?

Also I am not claiming anything for the new baby in UK but for our elder daughter she has only been in Germany for 3 weeks so I have not had the chance to stop her child benefit. Do I need to stop that if I am not claiming anything for her in Germany?

heetdpatel
Newbie
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:42 pm

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by heetdpatel » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:54 pm

mak35 wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
heetdpatel wrote:Do we have any update?

I am trying to do this route now. I setup the limited (GMBH) company in Germany. And now I am going to start trading from August. So please can you confirm if there are any change in rules?
Would you not have been better setting up as a Freiberufler?
I agree with Wanderer. I have been in Germany since June. My first month of working was through my UK Ltd company and it was a way to starting the process in Germany. Based on that I was able to get German RC for my parents. Then I found a proper contract with a big German company and have been freelancing since mid July. It has only been a month and the initial contract is only until end of September but I am hopeful that it will be extended.
If not, I will have to look for something else but my plan is to return to UK end of December. I guess I would have to apply for EEA permit by end of November. I would hopefully be going back after completing 6 months.
Do you guys think its enough?
I have had very limited internet here in Germany due to messing about of some internet companies and have not been in touch with this Brexit a lot. Seems like UK will trigger article 50 start of next year.
Also one more important question that in preparation for going back I have the following now
1. Tenancy agreement with my parents and family member names
2. My parents German RC
3. My wife should receive her RC soon too
4. Our tax numbers
5. Me and my parents "Auskunft über die Steuerliche Identifikationsnummer" - "Information on the Tax Identification Number"
6. Sozialversicherungsausweis - our Social Security numbers
7. Invoices from work
8. Freelance Tax registration number
9. VAT number
10. Contract from German employer
11. My whole family is now insured with German health insurance TK - very expensive due to my freelance work

Things that are in progress
1. Looking for a nursery for my 3 year old daughter. No places in the near by nurseries and they are asking us to come next year!!
2. Gym membership
3. Library membership
4. Start to learn the German language. Really need to do this. Even though I am working for a German employer but they all speak English so I am not having much of a difficulty. But I guess for centre of life its a must.

Anything else you think I should do whilst I am there that can make my case stronger?

Also do I need to declare in UK that I am now a resident of Germany? Do I need to tell the UK Tax authorities? Wanderer / Nojthan can you point me to any threads on this topic please?

Also in my first month from June to mid July I was going back and forth between UK and Germany as I was trying to close operations in UK and start up in Germany. In the mean time we had our baby born in UK too and then my wife and kids moved in the beginning of August. My parents had been with me in Germany since June. Do you think it could cause any issues and be seen as I have not moved my centre of life.
But from the end of July to December I would probably visit UK once to attend a wedding and that would be it.

Currently in which city you are? council take 1 month time for registration as a EU citizen? because they giving date for after 1 month? If you can help. we are in Hamburg.

Bobthemoggie
Member
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by Bobthemoggie » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:57 pm

Really helpful discussing. Thanks for sharing.

We should have similar thread about Netherlands, Luxembourg, Denmark, Switzerland also.

Cheers

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:02 pm

mak35 wrote: Can we claim child benefit in Germany? I think I will have to restrict my working hours to 30 hrs per week if I was to be eligible for that but I heard the child benefit is quite generous in Germany.

Since I am paying a lot of money toward social system I should get some benefit out of it too? what are your thoughts?

Also I am not claiming anything for the new baby in UK but for our elder daughter she has only been in Germany for 3 weeks so I have not had the chance to stop her child benefit. Do I need to stop that if I am not claiming anything for her in Germany?
You are eligible for child benefit (Kindergeld) in Germany but you will have to stop your UK child benefit for that.

German child benefit is not means tested, it's the same amount for everyone, whether unemployed or millionaire.

Keeping UK child benefit would work against you in the centre of life test anyhow, so it would be preferable to stop all and any kind of payments there.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by ALKB » Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:18 pm

mak35 wrote:

Also one more important question that in preparation for going back I have the following now
1. Tenancy agreement with my parents and family member names
2. My parents German RC
3. My wife should receive her RC soon too
4. Our tax numbers
5. Me and my parents "Auskunft über die Steuerliche Identifikationsnummer" - "Information on the Tax Identification Number"
6. Sozialversicherungsausweis - our Social Security numbers
7. Invoices from work
8. Freelance Tax registration number
9. VAT number
10. Contract from German employer
11. My whole family is now insured with German health insurance TK - very expensive due to my freelance work

Things that are in progress
1. Looking for a nursery for my 3 year old daughter. No places in the near by nurseries and they are asking us to come next year!!
2. Gym membership
3. Library membership
4. Start to learn the German language. Really need to do this. Even though I am working for a German employer but they all speak English so I am not having much of a difficulty. But I guess for centre of life its a must.

Anything else you think I should do whilst I am there that can make my case stronger?

Also do I need to declare in UK that I am now a resident of Germany? Do I need to tell the UK Tax authorities? Wanderer / Nojthan can you point me to any threads on this topic please?

Also in my first month from June to mid July I was going back and forth between UK and Germany as I was trying to close operations in UK and start up in Germany. In the mean time we had our baby born in UK too and then my wife and kids moved in the beginning of August. My parents had been with me in Germany since June. Do you think it could cause any issues and be seen as I have not moved my centre of life.
But from the end of July to December I would probably visit UK once to attend a wedding and that would be it.
Ask your health insurance for a 'Rückbildungsgymnastik-Kurs' for your wife, it's a special class to help women after birth, mainly to strengthen the pelvic floor. Health insurance should pay it, she can take the baby along, will meet other new mums in the area and you can add the documentation to your supporting evidence of having your centre of life in Germany.

Do you have any evidence regarding your parents' participation in society? ;) Could they attend a German language course? I think that would help a lot and show that they were thinking of making Germany their long term home.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

User avatar
ALKB
Respected Guru
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am
Location: Berlin
Germany

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:44 am

mak35 wrote: Things that are in progress
1. Looking for a nursery for my 3 year old daughter. No places in the near by nurseries and they are asking us to come next year!!

West Germany is traditionally very, very short on nursery places but you do have a legal right to a nursery place once your child is three. In theory. You can always sue the council...

The problem is, that most parents put their child on wait lists as soon as they are born and children of single mothers or parents who both need to work to not fall into social security get priority.

Did you only enquire with nurseries directly? Have you already spoken to teh relevant department at the council?

I am not sure how things are organised in Düsseldorf, but in Berlin, you'd have to apply for a place at the council, get a document that states how many hours a week you are eligible for and THEN go to nurseries. The council should also be able to advise on how to get a place on such short notice, if at all possible. Services are really under a lot of strain at the moment.

You might want to look into Eltern-Kind-Initiativen (Ekita) = nurseries run by parents that require a parent to work at the nursery as a helper about once a month or so.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Bobthemoggie
Member
Posts: 189
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:24 pm

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by Bobthemoggie » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Hi Guys

If its possible, could you please advise-
What documents do you provided for non-EU parents as evidence of dependence at the stage of RC application?

Your help is much appriciated

Cheers & good luck

jinkazama_11
Member of Standing
Posts: 314
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Surinder Singh via Germany

Post by jinkazama_11 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:55 pm

Hi
I will be grateful if you could explain how you used your UK limited company in the Germany. I am working through a limited company in the UK and thinking to do the same.
I think your parents got Schengen Visa before you started exercising your rights in the Germany. Could you please tell me what if visa was issued under Directive 2004/38/EC? If yes what documents you have sent to the embassy.
I will be grateful for your advice.

Locked
cron