ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Surname & name mistake on Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Harmandeep Singh
Newly Registered

Surname & name mistake on Schengen visa

Post by Harmandeep Singh » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:38 pm

I have got my visa and it's showing my name as surname and in-complete name but i do not have any surname.
e.g. my name is Martin Smith but on my visa "Surname, Name" is showing "Martin Smith, Martin Smi."

Is it ok or not? if not then how soon it can be rectified as my tickets are booked and i have to travel after 10 days.

Please guide.

waqasars

Re: Surname & name mistake on Schengen visa

Post by waqasars » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:04 pm

Just contact with embassy and ask them. They can advise better. Better to send them e mail or you can call them.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:45 pm

In some cases when the name is too long its just not possible for it to appear in the visa sticker. There should be a letter accompanied with the visa sticker. If it has your full name, carry it with you and show if asked. If that also shows incomplete name. Then get a written confirmation from the issuing country to confirm the visa was issued to you with your passport number and full name.

rafficncc
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by rafficncc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:39 pm

Harmandeep Singh wrote:
Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:38 pm
I have got my visa and it's showing my name as surname and in-complete name but i do not have any surname.
e.g. my name is Martin Smith but on my visa "Surname, Name" is showing "Martin Smith, Martin Smi."

Is it ok or not? if not then how soon it can be rectified as my tickets are booked and i have to travel after 10 days.

Please guide.
I have same case with me... Did you travel with that visa?