ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together.

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ultraradikal
Newly Registered
Sweden

Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together.

Post by Ultraradikal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:57 pm

Hello!

I am a Swedish citizen trying to get my Russian wife to be granted a residence permit here in Sweden. We have waited 6 months now and we've had interview but they still won't make a decision until at least 6 more months have passed due to the fact that our unit is working on cases that came to them in 2016. We applied in October 2017.

SO. I was thinking of moving abroad to work there for a while since and then move back together under EU rules as we can't live the way we do right now. Waiting another 6 months or more is a no-go for us, due to her personal situation and also how things are in Russia as well as their involvement in the rest of the world.

Also, I think the Swedish migration agency suspects our marriage to be one of convenience since we married pretty darn fast! Met in June married in November and she was still "married on paper" when we met. It's just too many variables and a looming notion of us being rejected because it "went too fast" in their eyes.

My question is, How do I go about moving to another EU country and registering there? How does it work with Visas for her, is that something we have to apply for prior to travelling? I also heard somewhere that you can travel together without visa, just have a valid passport for her and also documents that prove your relationship, like a marriage certificate or registry excerpt that states that you are married, translated to say English and with apostille.

We have our marriage registered in Sweden as we married here, it is also registered in Russia and she has a stamp in her passport proving this. It's in Cyrillic though.

It's a huge mess we are in. Is there anyone in here that can shed some light in the darkness?

Thank you!

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Swedish Citizen moving to other EU Country for Work, Bring Non-EU Spouse and live together.

Post by Caravel88 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:45 pm

does she have her passport with her or is it with your govt?

if she has her passport just go to any other EU country together.
if in schengen, you should not be asked about a visa but they might want to see it.
so you might want to travel by land.

once you are in another EU country, legally, you are exercising your right of free movement.
since your wife is travelling with you and you are married, she also has this right and she gets to exercise it too.

exercising this right gives you 90 days of unconditional stay.
during this time, in order to get her papers and to prove to sweden later that you have exercised your right, you will most likely:

a) get a job
b) rent a place
c) get insured

you can get any legal job and rent any place.

do this within a month. once you have your first payslip (OR even before, with a solid work contract) go and register together.

she will get a 5 year permit.

after 3 months go back to sweden and do the same.

I'd read elsewhere that even for EU right of free movement, sweden still takes 6 months to issue papers whereas in germany etc it is sorted out in weeks if everything is in order.
Ultraradikal wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:57 pm
Hello!

I am a Swedish citizen trying to get my Russian wife to be granted a residence permit here in Sweden. We have waited 6 months now and we've had interview but they still won't make a decision until at least 6 more months have passed due to the fact that our unit is working on cases that came to them in 2016. We applied in October 2017.

SO. I was thinking of moving abroad to work there for a while since and then move back together under EU rules as we can't live the way we do right now. Waiting another 6 months or more is a no-go for us, due to her personal situation and also how things are in Russia as well as their involvement in the rest of the world.

Also, I think the Swedish migration agency suspects our marriage to be one of convenience since we married pretty darn fast! Met in June married in November and she was still "married on paper" when we met. It's just too many variables and a looming notion of us being rejected because it "went too fast" in their eyes.

My question is, How do I go about moving to another EU country and registering there? How does it work with Visas for her, is that something we have to apply for prior to travelling? I also heard somewhere that you can travel together without visa, just have a valid passport for her and also documents that prove your relationship, like a marriage certificate or registry excerpt that states that you are married, translated to say English and with apostille.

We have our marriage registered in Sweden as we married here, it is also registered in Russia and she has a stamp in her passport proving this. It's in Cyrillic though.

It's a huge mess we are in. Is there anyone in here that can shed some light in the darkness?

Thank you!