ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Schengen Visa for Tourists

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sirlim

Tourist Schengen Visa for Tourists

Post by sirlim » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:20 pm

I applied for a tourist Schengen visa at the Swedish VAC and it seemed as if I was in for nervousness. Because the agent told me that as a student, I had high risk of refusal since my course was ending on the same year as I was applying. However I did not have a problem like this before even with the Swedish embassy as I used to apply there with less than three months left (in today’s application, there were slightly less than six months remaining) in a previous course with my holiday there taking place less than two months before the course ended. Today I was made to sign a statement saying that I understand the high risks of refusal as a result of my status.

My question: is there a minimum number of months of study remaining required to be eligible for a Schengen Visa from Swed?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Tourist Schengen Visa for Tourists

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:33 pm

"The same year" doesn't say a lot really.

If your student visa ends in November 2020 and you are applying for a visa to visit Sweden in March 2020, I don't think that's an issue.

But if you applying really near the end of you student visa, that can trigger some questions. If you have just weeks in your student visa and are applying a visitor in Sweden, they might not buy into the story and decline.

The guys at the visa centre are really experienced with these things. If they are telling you in good faith you will be refused, I wouldn't attempt if I were you. They see acceptance and refusal day in day out and if they judged you won't get it, there is no point trying. Because next time, you would have to answer "yes" at the question have you been refused a visa previously? And this not a situation you want to be in.

But the risk is yours. There are no certainties in either side.

sirlim

Post by sirlim » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:50 pm

My course ends officially in July 2020, BRP expires in November 2020. The trip commences in February 2020 and for four days only. Is that cutting it too close or ‘ really near the end of you student visa’? Of course I won’t be applying in June.

sirlim

Post by sirlim » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:05 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:33 pm
The guys at the visa centre are really experienced with these things. If they are telling you in good faith you will be refused, I wouldn't attempt if I were you. They see acceptance and refusal day in day out and if they judged you won't get it, there is no point trying. Because next time, you would have to answer "yes" at the question have you been refused a visa previously? And this not a situation you want to be in.
To be fair, the VAC agent didn’t say I would get refused outright and there is a chance I can still be granted under my circumstances. She just thought the refusal risk is higher since my course ends on the same year as the year I’m applying/travelling. She recommended I print out any employment contract (even part-time zero hours ones) I had and I did. She said those might help though there are no guarantees.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:39 pm

sirlim wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:05 pm
Zerubbabel wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:33 pm
To be fair, the VAC agent didn’t say I would get refused outright and there is a chance I can still be granted under my circumstances. She just thought the refusal risk is higher since my course ends on the same year as the year I’m applying/travelling. She recommended I print out any employment contract (even part-time zero hours ones) I had and I did. She said those might help though there are no guarantees.

There is lot drama from these VAC agents these days especially from the VFS London (66, Wilson Street). They're pathetic and feel like visa officers or UK Border Force officers. I missus had extremely unpleasant experience with their pathetic attitude.

VFS was once a good and decent firm and they became rubbish these days. TLS Contact are much better than VFS.
Which vfs did you applied from?

sirlim

Post by sirlim » Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:38 pm

It was the one at Wilson indeed. pentayan, might it be partly a sales tactic to get applicants to use the overpriced computers and printing services?

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:04 pm

not sure that is a different topic. Yes, cant agree more and it is expensive to get any prints and courier.

Nonetheless, that Wilson street vfs guys literally sucks and they're super pathetic.