ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tourist Visa for Portugal but going Spain

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Chiligee
Newly Registered
Kenya

Tourist Visa for Portugal but going Spain

Post by Chiligee » Tue Jul 09, 2019 4:19 pm

Thank you for reading my post /query.

I currently have a tourist VISA for Portugal but my circumstances have changed and instead of going to Portugal, we plan to go to Spain.

As this is a Shengen visa, and entitles me to travel within Europe / EU countries, do I need to do anything else and I should be allowed to enter Spain without any issues?

Thank you
Chili

KimK91
Newly Registered

Re: Tourist Visa for Portugal but going Spain

Post by KimK91 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:47 pm

I have a similar question!

Have you travelled? I'm just curious how your experience was at the border.

Thanks

Chiligee
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Chiligee » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Hello,

I called the visa issuing body for Spain visas - BLS Spain Application Centre London - and they confirmed that provided I have valid Shengen visa, I'll be allowed into Spain. I'll be travelling at the end of August and will update post after travel.

thank you

Chiligee
Newly Registered
Kenya

Post by Chiligee » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Hello,

I called the visa issuing body for Spain visas - BLS Spain Application Centre London - and they confirmed that provided I have valid Shengen visa, I'll be allowed into Spain. I'll be travelling at the end of August and will update post after travel.

thank you

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Thu Jul 18, 2019 5:58 am

Chiligee wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:29 pm
Hello,

thank you
You can enter via any Schengen country, so Spain will be okay. A common complication for future application in this scenario is, that the Portuguese Embassy may be reluctant to issue you any further Schengen visas if you do not enter through one of their points of entry.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Wed Jul 24, 2019 7:35 pm

Chiligee wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:29 pm
Hello,

thank you
You can, yes BUT:

Next time you apply for a visa, they will see a mismatch between the entry stamp and the country who delivered the visa.

They may perceive it as you trying to get a visa from the embassy you think it's easiest in delivering the visa then going to another country.

I spoke with people who use to travel on Schengen visa and they told me they never ever play with that as it may mean refusal for next applications. I know someone who changed his plans but he still went first to the country that delivered his visa then only flew to his final destination.