ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Greece with Jet2 Airlines (boarding allowed?)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nishants85

Travel to Greece with Jet2 Airlines (boarding allowed?)

Post by nishants85 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:26 am

Hi All,

I am planning to travel with my spouse (EU citizen) to Greece next week and wanted to check if I would need a visa to board the flight.
I checked with Greek Embassy and they mentioned that I dont need a visa if I am travelling with my EU spouse and if i have a resident card which states that I am a family member of an EU citizen.
The only confirmation which I dont have is from Jet2 if they would allow me to board the flight. Their customer service has been horrible and I am not able to reach them.

Thanks for your help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel to Greece with Jet2 Airlines (boarding allowed?)

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:35 am

Your previous posts state you have pre settled status. Do you have a brp card showing for this? This wouldn't state the family member of an EU citizen bit.

If you don't have a BRC card specifically stating the family member of an EU citizen, then you will likely need a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nishants85

Re: Travel to Greece with Jet2 Airlines (boarding allowed?)

Post by nishants85 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:44 am

Thanks for your quick response.
Yes, I have the Resident permit which states that I am a family member of EU citizen which was issued in 2017.
I applied for Pre-Settled last year and when I asked for a Pre-Settled card, they mentioned that I can continue using my existing Resident card which is valid till 2022 and once it expires they will issue a Pre-Settled card.