ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
pranab0077
Newbie
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:47 am

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by pranab0077 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:00 pm

Dear Sir, Madam,
I am an EEA national living in the UK.
My parents are non-EEA national and they come to visit me in the UK.
They will apply for a Visit Visa-C type visa to come to the UK.

I'd like to know if the can apply for the Schengen visa while they are visiting in the UK
or they need to apply for the visa in their country of origin/residence.

I heard that Non-EEA family member of an EEA national can have visa exemption for the
Schengen visa and what kind of priority would they get as EEA family member for applying for Schengen visa

Can you please inform me regarding the query

Thank you very much for your kind response.

power-lost
Newly Registered
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:11 am
Pakistan

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by power-lost » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:33 pm

Hi Guys,

A quick question.
I as well as my whole family are British nationals. My father has got long term 2 years family visitors visa and he is here with us in the United Kingdom. is he allowed to travel with us to Europe without visa? if not is there any way to get visa to Europe for him?

please guide

Thanks

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82781
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by CR001 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:06 pm

power-lost wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:33 pm
Hi Guys,

A quick question.
I as well as my whole family are British nationals. My father has got long term 2 years family visitors visa and he is here with us in the United Kingdom. is he allowed to travel with us to Europe without visa? if not is there any way to get visa to Europe for him?

please guide

Thanks
He needs a visa and should have applied for it from home country.

I hope he has not been staying in the UK for longer than 6 months.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

diabian79
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:21 am
Morocco

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by diabian79 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:50 pm

Hi
My case is complicated as I'm Moroccan but married with British wife since 2007 i lived 10 years continued but i don't have visa cause home office refuse..we decide me and my wife immigrate to france ..my question s it easy for ne to have a visa chengen even im illegal here?and any solution hiw can i leave uk legally enter to france with my wife..please

James1859
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by James1859 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Hi all

My wife and I have a holiday booked to Italy for May 2018. I am a British Citizen and she is a Syrian citizen.

She has a Residence Permit and under Type of Permit it says SPOUSE/PARTNER LEAVE TO REMAIN.

We would be travelling together along with our British daughter. Does she need a Visa to Italy? We're also planning a trip to Germany in September 2018.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82781
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:34 pm

James1859 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:30 pm
Hi all

My wife and I have a holiday booked to Italy for May 2018. I am a British Citizen and she is a Syrian citizen.

She has a Residence Permit and under Type of Permit it says SPOUSE/PARTNER LEAVE TO REMAIN.

We would be travelling together along with our British daughter. Does she need a Visa to Italy? We're also planning a trip to Germany in September 2018.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Yes, she needs a visa as she does not hold a residence card stating 'she is the family member of an EU national'.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James1859
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by James1859 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 pm

Thank you, it is weird that it must explicitly state that. I mean I am a British Citizen, hence EU national (for now at least) and she is a member of my family. So strange! Ok, I guess I'll go and book a Visa appointment. To make matters worse, VFS Global's website is experiencing issues and I cannot schedule a visa appointment :cry:

User avatar
CR001
Moderator
Posts: 82781
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:55 pm
Location: London
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:20 pm

James1859 wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:04 pm
Thank you, it is weird that it must explicitly state that. I mean I am a British Citizen, hence EU national (for now at least) and she is a member of my family. So strange! Ok, I guess I'll go and book a Visa appointment. To make matters worse, VFS Global's website is experiencing issues and I cannot schedule a visa appointment :cry:
For the purposes of immigration and the spouse visa, you are only considered British in the UK and not an EU citizen and your spouse falls under the UK immigration rules and not the more favourable EEA/EU regulations/rules.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

James1859
Junior Member
Posts: 61
Joined: Tue May 05, 2015 11:04 pm

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by James1859 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:23 pm

I see, thank you very much.

markmccarron
Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:13 pm
Ireland

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by markmccarron » Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:42 pm

Hi, new to this wondering can I get advice please as I’m getting conflicting reports. Any help would be grateful. I’m Algerian born but living in Northern Ireland, UK and have Irish Citizenship for 20 years now. My question is about for my mother who is Algerian citizen living in Algeria. My mother does not want to seltle in U.K. OR EU. It just about travel.
My mother has been travelling to the U.K. since 1960’s every couple years applying for her usual tourist visa without issue.
She has also been travelling to France for the past 30 years with a visa without issue to visit her sister who has French citizenship. She has never overstayed or stayed more than a few weeks. However this time applying for her usual visa to France to her horror she was refused. She ended up appealing the refusal and was told she wasn’t getting the visa as she was flying into Geneva Switzerland not France on previous trips. Her sister,(my aunt) only lives 9 miles away from Geneva airport In France! My mum is in her late 60’s and her sister is in her 89 in France and In frail health, causing my mum great distress not been able to visit.

What would be my mum best options to take my mum to France. She has a current U.K. visa. Could she travel here to U.K. and I take her to France under eu rules?

Could I travel to Algeria and then take her to France with me?

I don’t think I can do that EEA Family permit thing for her as my northern Irish wife is disabled for the past 3 years and I wouldn’t qualify for sponsoring her now.

I’ll just re-interate my mum doesn’t want to settle EU or U.K.

Apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Posts: 454
Joined: Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:40 am
Mood:
Spain

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by Caravel88 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Apply under the ECAA route showing it as if you are both travelling to France together? I am not sure if you will need to show she is a dependant, however. And make it clear in the application "as per the Schengen rules we are applying to France since that's the destination of the stay".
markmccarron wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:42 pm
Hi, new to this wondering can I get advice please as I’m getting conflicting reports. Any help would be grateful. I’m Algerian born but living in Northern Ireland, UK and have Irish Citizenship for 20 years now. My question is about for my mother who is Algerian citizen living in Algeria. My mother does not want to seltle in U.K. OR EU. It just about travel.
My mother has been travelling to the U.K. since 1960’s every couple years applying for her usual tourist visa without issue.
She has also been travelling to France for the past 30 years with a visa without issue to visit her sister who has French citizenship. She has never overstayed or stayed more than a few weeks. However this time applying for her usual visa to France to her horror she was refused. She ended up appealing the refusal and was told she wasn’t getting the visa as she was flying into Geneva Switzerland not France on previous trips. Her sister,(my aunt) only lives 9 miles away from Geneva airport In France! My mum is in her late 60’s and her sister is in her 89 in France and In frail health, causing my mum great distress not been able to visit.

What would be my mum best options to take my mum to France. She has a current U.K. visa. Could she travel here to U.K. and I take her to France under eu rules?

Could I travel to Algeria and then take her to France with me?

I don’t think I can do that EEA Family permit thing for her as my northern Irish wife is disabled for the past 3 years and I wouldn’t qualify for sponsoring her now.

I’ll just re-interate my mum doesn’t want to settle EU or U.K.

Apologies if I’ve posted in the wrong place

Fiona1206
Newly Registered
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 3:47 pm
Egypt

Re: Travel to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family members

Post by Fiona1206 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Eu traveling with non Eu both living in Egypt. We wish to move to Germany so applied for 2004/38Ec free movement visa but received tourist visa C type 22 days.
The question is if we go to Germany with this can we either
1 extend the visa while I apply for residency
2 stay without visa as my husband is married to Eu
3 do I have to stay and he goes back to Egypt and applies again ?
Is there a solution to this that can be achieved while we are in Germany 22 days

smah
Junior Member
Posts: 51
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:16 pm

Re: IRL or UK to Schengen, without visa, for EEA-family memb

Post by smah » Sun Nov 04, 2018 5:30 pm

ca.funke wrote:
Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:35 am
Hi tonypetty,

so you´re in the following scenario?
  • 2 parents, one on ILR and one on Tier 2
  • 2 children who are British nationals (passport is irrelevant, see >>here<<)
  • 1 child on ILR
I think the 3 non-British of yee will need visas :(

Reason is in
>>2004/38/EC<<, Articles 2 and 3 wrote:Article 2
Definitions
For the purposes of this Directive:
(...)
2. ‘family member’ means:
(...)
(d) the dependent direct relatives in the ascending line and
those of the spouse (...);
(...)
(=not you, because you´re not dependent on your children, I guess?)

Article 3
Beneficiaries
(...)
2. Without prejudice to any right to free movement and
residence the persons concerned may have in their own right,
the host Member State shall, in accordance with its national
legislation, facilitate entry and residence for the following
persons:

(a) any other family members, irrespective of their nationality,
not falling under the definition in point 2 of Article 2 who,
in the country from which they have come, are dependants
or members of the household of the Union citizen having
the primary right of residence(...)

(...)

The host Member State shall undertake an extensive examina-
tion of the personal circumstances and shall justify any denial
of entry or residence to these people.
So if at all you should have "entry facilitated", while I guess a visit-visa for you would not be refused anyway.

But then again: My understanding of the law as far as "who is a benificiary" outside of spouses isn´t great. Maybe some else can say something different/better about this?
Hi guys,
Been a while since I have posted but always kept on checking the posts to see if I can be of any use to someone. Been through quite some journey with UK immigration and need some advise from you good people.
So I have been in UK since 2009 and overstayed due to fraud solicitors. Got married October 2017 in UK as per islamic marriage not registered with UK court. I did not inform the Home office as we were trying to get some paperwork. But at least the police got involved and had to go to detention then application , bail , refusal , deportation, I choose to leave voluntarily so I would have 1 year ban and paid for the ticket myself. Came back with my wife( who is English) in the same flight to Bangladesh and got our marriage ceremony done here.Due to all the complication I have decided to take the EU route and need your help badly guys.
I have managed to arrange for work permit for poland. (I can apply for temporary residence permit in Poland after I arrive there)to be confirmed and hope you can help me with that a swell. Now I need help as to how I can get back in UK and settle there.
Please ask any question to give better advise guys
Thanks for your help

Locked
cron