ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel/work Cyprus with ILR & American passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blackswanldn
Newly Registered
United States of America

Travel/work Cyprus with ILR & American passport

Post by blackswanldn » Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:15 pm

Not sure where to ask this, but thought I'd see if anyone has insight

ILR granted 4 Dec 2019
Intend to apply for British citizenship this December
Possible opportunity to work in Cyprus short term, 90 days.

Any Americans or Non-EU who have gone into Cyprus on a 2nd passport? Only asking this because my main passport only has 1 page left and they require 2 for any form of visa + stamps

Would time spent in Cyprus working for a UK entity be recorded against my time out of the country for citizenship? Also, if I worked for the Cypriot entity of a UK registered company?

Uber complicated I know. Won't even address taxes.

zimba
Mood:

Re: Travel/work Cyprus with ILR & American passport

Post by zimba » Wed Jan 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Would time spent in Cyprus working for a UK entity be recorded against my time out of the country for citizenship? Also, if I worked for the Cypriot entity of a UK registered company?
ILR status has no legal recognition outside the UK as it is granted under UK immigration rules. Time spent outside the UK will be counted as absence. You probably need to obtain work visa to work in Cyprus, even for a British entity
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice