ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Type C Single Entry: From period of validity or date of issue?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amerikanaki
Newly Registered
United States of America

Type C Single Entry: From period of validity or date of issue?

Post by amerikanaki » Sun Aug 29, 2021 1:44 am

Hi All,

I've gotten myself in a weird situation and wondered if anyone might be able to help. I have an American passport. Was in Greece (recently married a Greek) for 83 days of my 90 recently. The office who issues residency permits for spouses of citizens is about 3+ months behind schedule. Because they were running behind, I got a limited territorial type C single-entry visa. And then something happened in the US that I had to come back for. On the day I left, I still had 7 of my 90 days remaining on the normal multi-entry 90/180 schengen tourist visa (not referring to the extra type C visa I got here), and the period of validity of the extra visa I got was to begin 8 days later. Thus, I have not yet used an entry during the period of validity on the extra visa.

My question is, does the mere fact that I left Greece render the visa invalid, even though I didn't leave during the time period and have not used an entry on that visa? I know that I can go back for 7 days until the reset date, but want to make sure beyond that I won't be breaking any rules. I asked the Greek consulate in the US who said that I'm 'probably fine', but can't get a straight answer from the boarder police.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or guidance.

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Re: Type C Single Entry: From period of validity or date of issue?

Post by ibwe » Tue Aug 31, 2021 2:14 am

Hi!

There is a part on the visa that specifies the validity of the visa. From XX date until YY date. Your focus should be on YY date. In your case, since you are still outside Schengen area, as long as this date has not passed - your visa is valid. Unless there are other unknown mitigating circumstances, I will say you are good to go.