ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK BRP validity after Germany BlueCard

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Zero^1
Newly Registered
India

UK BRP validity after Germany BlueCard

Post by Zero^1 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:46 am

Hi Everyone,

I have a question regarding my UK BRP's validity after I move to Germany for employment & acquire a Blue Card in that country.

A little bit of background - I am an Indian national, who moved to UK on a T2 Partner visa (my wife works in the UK on a T2 General Visa). Despite many attempts, I could not secure a job in UK but I found a job in Germany. I am now moving to Germany & will acquire blue card in sometime.

My question - Do I need to surrender my UK BRP if I acquire a Germany Bluecard? I read through all the T2 Partner Visa document but no where it mentions if I can hold residence permit from 2 different countries.

My aim - I will like to keep my UK brp because I will like to visit my wife often here in UK & may be 1 year down the lane move back to UK for a job.

Any suggestions are welcome.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK BRP validity after Germany BlueCard

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:56 am

Your Blue card in Germany and your UK BRP have nothing to do with each other.

Depending on when you got your tier 2 dependent visa, the only restriction you have would be the absence limit if your visa was issued after 11th January 2018 and for extensions and ILR you have to prove evidence of cohabitation. Nothing prevents you from keeping your visa and there is no requirement to 'surrender' it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Re: UK BRP validity after Germany BlueCard

Post by secret.simon » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:20 am

The only caveat that I would add to CR001's advice above is that while there is no requirement to surrender your Tier 2 visa and that eventually you may even be able to get ILR, be aware that the absence and physical presence requirements for British citizenship are much stricter.

So, if your eventual goal is British citizenship, you may want to plan on controlling your absences from the UK in the short-term.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.