ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

**URGENT** Schengen Visa Short Trip EU Family Visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

nick123999
Newly Registered

**URGENT** Schengen Visa Short Trip EU Family Visa

Post by nick123999 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:09 pm

Hi

My wife has an appointment tomorrow for her bio metrics to get a schengen visa for an upcoming trip we have planned to Portugal. I am a UK citizen and my partner has a british residence permit but is a non eu citizen so we will be applying through the EU Family route. Running through the checklist it appears the they are asking for fully paid flight tickets to be shown. Last time we applied through the french consulate we showed pre booking information for a ferry but didn't actually purchase the trip. I am reluctant to purchase tickets without a visa being issued but similarly don't want to waste my time with a trip up to London for nothing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!

nick123999
Newly Registered

Re: **URGENT** Schengen Visa Short Trip EU Family Visa

Post by nick123999 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:22 pm

very confused as europa website states

Your non-EU family member must include the following documents with their visa application:

a valid passport – to prove their identity and nationality
a document proving family ties with the EU citizen (e.g. marriage certificate, birth certificate etc.) and dependency (if required)
proof that the EU citizen is already living in the host country (if they are joining them)
a declaration that the couple will travel together (if the family member will be accompanying the EU citizen)
This list is exhaustive: your non-EU family members cannot be required to produce any other documents to support their application.

nick123999
Newly Registered

Post by nick123999 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:28 pm

this is the link to their website which is contradicting that
https://www.vfsglobal.com/Portugal/UK/E ... ember.html

ibwe
Mood:
Bulgaria

Post by ibwe » Wed Jan 08, 2020 5:56 am

nick123999 wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 7:09 pm
Hi

My wife has an appointment tomorrow for her bio metrics to get a schengen visa for an upcoming trip we have planned to Portugal. I am a UK citizen and my partner has a british residence permit but is a non eu citizen so we will be applying through the EU Family route. Running through the checklist it appears the they are asking for fully paid flight tickets to be shown. Last time we applied through the french consulate we showed pre booking information for a ferry but didn't actually purchase the trip. I am reluctant to purchase tickets without a visa being issued but similarly don't want to waste my time with a trip up to London for nothing.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hi,
You definitely do not need to purchase a flight ticket. You may show accommodation booking information but it is not necessary. Just have a cover letter that shows you are traveling together (never showed this, but in the accommodation booking I used to put the name of my spouse).
Sometimes requirements can be confusing but just show them what the directive says. If they refuse to lodge the application, you may go directly to the Portuguese General Consulate and do it there with no hassles.