ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US citizen needs work permit for EU....and ????s answered

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

mfdent
Newly Registered

US citizen needs work permit for EU....and ????s answered

Post by mfdent » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:20 pm

:?: Can you use a German work permit anywhere in the EU??? Also I´m married to one lovely Spainish woman......How long does it take to get a residence visa or work permit. Where do I start...USA or Spain??? Help!!! I need to work!!! If this helps I have a S corp or Inc in the US. My job is seasonal and I need a permit fast or I lose my work!!!! Thanks for any info....adios

mfdent
Newly Registered

Post by mfdent » Wed Jul 21, 2004 10:54 am

Okay.....but where do I start???? In USA or Spain for my resident visa status. I was told USA but.....where???

Kayalami
Diamond Member

Post by Kayalami » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:42 pm

It would be helpful if you told us where in the EU you want to work - the matter of establishing residency and corresponding employment rights for you can only take place after your wife moves to the relevant third country of which she is not a national i.e any EU country other than Spain unless she has dual nationality. For example if you wish to work in the UK your wife must move to the UK before or with you and establish residency under EU Community Law = employment or self employment. You would then be granted residence and employment rights based on this. You can not get any residence and employment rights to work in the UK when she is still in Spain, US etc.

Hope that helps.