ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

US Citizen seeks easy migration to ? (Belgium? Ireland? EU?)

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Boomer
Newly Registered

US Citizen seeks easy migration to ? (Belgium? Ireland? EU?)

Post by Boomer » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:26 pm

Hey all...

Been reading this board and countless others trying to sort some things out as far as where I'd like to migrate... And am looking for some feedback from those with exp.

Background:

* 40 y.o. professional (sales manager/IT/Sports/GM/ Business Development) - male - no dependents

* Have looked at NZ and Oz (been there several times - but just too far away from USA)...

* Family tree is from Norway (Kalevik / Kallevig) but not parents (American)

* Now looking at EU - or "other" countries..

So that's a little about me and my background in a nutshell - Point is, I've been wanting for several years to migrate someplace else... As mentioned, looked at NZ - even started the process - but in the end, I scrapped that idea in favor of something in Europe...

I've been reading here, and other "boards" that Switzerland, Austria, well many in and out of the EU are tightening requirements... I have a cousin living/working in Belgium with her hubby and kid - and she says that's pretty "easy" to get into - But as I search the Net - I really don't see any "experts" to assist for Belgium or France or many others?...

So, can someone give me some advice as to where I may be best received (outside the fact that I'm American - everyone relax - LOL)

I did just read that parts of Ireland are looking for help - but have never really considered that... I did the skills assessment for the UK and passed with ease... But not sure if that is where I wish to make "home" (I'm from Colorado - and partial to mountains! :lol:

Anyway - there's really no set question here - just asking for opinions, thoughts and advice as to which countries are more receptive and maybe "easier" to get into - The only "snag" I see is that my college is not on many EU certified lists (small private college) - but still have a degree and 20+ years professional work history and in good health...

Thanks in advance for any good advice and help! :!:

Cheers,

Boomer