ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using a EU family Schengen visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dada

Using a EU family Schengen visa

Post by dada » Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:58 pm

I have ILR and I'm married to a British citizen. I was issued a multiple-entry Schengen visa as a family member of an EU citizen. Once scanned, the visa notes specify that it is only valid when I'm travelling with my spouse. We have visited the country that issued it (Germany) but I'm wondering if I can make subsequent solo trips to the Netherlands with it or if I have to apply for another one - even though this one has not yet expired? Thanks

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Re: Using a EU family Schengen visa

Post by Caravel88 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:18 am

It's a Schengen visa. Not a German visa. You can visit the Schengen area with it. And Netherlands is in the Schengen area.
dada wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:58 pm
I have ILR and I'm married to a British citizen. I was issued a multiple-entry Schengen visa as a family member of an EU citizen. Once scanned, the visa notes specify that it is only valid when I'm travelling with my spouse. We have visited the country that issued it (Germany) but I'm wondering if I can make subsequent solo trips to the Netherlands with it or if I have to apply for another one - even though this one has not yet expired? Thanks

dada

Post by dada » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:53 am

Caravel88 wrote:
Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:18 am
It's a Schengen visa. Not a German visa. You can visit the Schengen area with it. And Netherlands is in the Schengen area.
dada wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:58 pm
Wow, thanks for that enlightening information!

iscity
Newly Registered
China

Post by iscity » Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:47 pm

Don't know what's dada's experience on this.

I will have the same situdation. I have ILR and I'm married to a British Citizen and was issued a multiple-entry Schengen Visa as a family member of an EU citizen. I have the same query whether I can travel alone using this spouse-visa and I made a phone call to TLScontact and I have been told that I need to apply for a new visa by myself.

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:58 pm

You can travel. But legally you can't.
If you get question at the border or once you enter as to whereabouts and the purpose of your visit, you will have problems.
iscity wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:47 pm
Don't know what's dada's experience on this.

I will have the same situdation. I have ILR and I'm married to a British Citizen and was issued a multiple-entry Schengen Visa as a family member of an EU citizen. I have the same query whether I can travel alone using this spouse-visa and I made a phone call to TLScontact and I have been told that I need to apply for a new visa by myself.

zusman
Pakistan

Post by zusman » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 pm

Hi guys, how long it took you to get multiple entry visa? Did you have schengen visa before for single entry?

Caravel88
Member of Standing
Mood:
Spain

Post by Caravel88 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:56 am

I know it is not what you want but what you want is very subjective and won't help you.
Issuance of a multi entry visa highly depends on circumstances such as location of application, purpose of visit, family ties.

If you like here are consulate stats:
https://ec.europa.eu/home-affairs/what- ... y_en#stats
zusman wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:13 pm
Hi guys, how long it took you to get multiple entry visa? Did you have schengen visa before for single entry?