ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Using granted EU Citizen family Schengen visa to enter EU citizen home country

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Keysee
Newly Registered
Poland

Using granted EU Citizen family Schengen visa to enter EU citizen home country

Post by Keysee » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:17 pm

Hey. So my wife is Tunisian and I am a Polish citizen. We live both in the UK and she was granted the multiple entries EU family Schengen Visa to France for 6 months. We went to France and came back. I was wondering if we can use the same visa to enter Poland - my home country - for holidays? I am asking because of this rule that freedom of movement of EU family members applies to all countries except the country of EU citizens. So - can we travel together to Poland with this Schengen visa?

In this link, https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t ... dex_en.htm is written that "If you live outside the EU and your non-EU family members accompany you or travel to the EU country of your nationality, EU cross-border rules do not necessarily apply and your non-EU family members might be charged visa fees.".

Does it apply only if I would be applying for a Schengen visa via the Polish embassy or for granted via other EU countries' visas too? Once we have Schengen Visa it doesn't matter and we can go to my home country too?

meself2
Ireland

Re: Using granted EU Citizen family Schengen visa to enter EU citizen home country

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Keysee wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:17 pm
I was wondering if we can use the same visa to enter Poland - my home country - for holidays?
From the same link you posted:
(Visas issued by a country belonging to the border-free Schengen area are valid for all countries in that area.)
Poland is in Schengen zone, so she should be fine.
Keysee wrote:
Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:17 pm
Once we have Schengen Visa it doesn't matter and we can go to my home country too?
Yes.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.