ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa application form

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Jupiter27
Newly Registered
Ireland

Visa application form

Post by Jupiter27 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Hi everyone,
I am starting the visa application for job seeker in Germany and I have a few questions about the application form.
I would appreciate it if someome could help me to solve the following questions.
1. Have you stay in Germany before? Indicate times and locations in the last 5 years. -> I have been in Germany as a tourist, should I put that information? If so, there is only space for 5 times. How can I add the other times?

2. Do you have health insurance for Germany? -> In the documents checklist they said that the health insurance should be bought after the visa is approved. Is it ok if i put no in this question? I will get a insurance once it is approved. Is it better to buy they insurance now?

3. I will move to Germany with my daughter (15 years old), are they two different applications? How long is the process of the family reunification?

Thanks so much for your time,
Ana

Jupiter27
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Visa application form

Post by Jupiter27 » Sun May 23, 2021 11:29 pm

Ignore question 1, I just realised it says the last 5 times no years :oops: .
Thanks!

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Mon May 24, 2021 11:18 am

Jupiter27 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm

2. Do you have health insurance for Germany? -> In the documents checklist they said that the health insurance should be bought after the visa is approved. Is it ok if i put no in this question? I will get a insurance once it is approved. Is it better to buy they insurance now?

3. I will move to Germany with my daughter (15 years old), are they two different applications? How long is the process of the family reunification?

Ana
2. Weird. Could be a case of one size fits all application form. Jobseeker permits can also be applied for in country, under specific circumstances (non-visa national in Germany on visa waiver, person on another residence permit), so those people should already have health insurance for Germany.
I find it strange that the Embassy says health insurance should only be bought after the visa is issued, because usually, visas are issued only for the time period valid health insurance is evidenced.

Do you have a link?

If the German Embassy explicitly says that health insurance is not needed for the application, then I would tend to believe it.

It might be an applying from Europe/from outside Europe thing. I couldn't find anything on the Dublin website, but the German Embassy in Sweden does not ask for health insurance for a jobseeker visa, while the one in Singapore does.

Possibly they could mean an EHIC card from an EU country, but that should not be valid as soon as you register your residence in Germany, which you have to do for a jobseeker permit.

3. Every person - of age or a minor - needs a separate application. As far as I am aware, one cannot bring dependents on a jobseeker visa, your daughter can only apply for a visa and subsequent residence permit after you have found work in your line of qualification, with an employer willing and able to sponsor you. Family reunification processing times vary case by case and country by country. 12 weeks is not unusual.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.

Jupiter27
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Jupiter27 » Tue May 25, 2021 8:21 am

ALKB wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 11:18 am
Jupiter27 wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 11:00 pm

Ana
2. Weird. Could be a case of one size fits all application form. Jobseeker permits can also be applied for in country, under specific circumstances (non-visa national in Germany on visa waiver, person on another residence permit), so those people should already have health insurance for Germany.
I find it strange that the Embassy says health insurance should only be bought after the visa is issued, because usually, visas are issued only for the time period valid health insurance is evidenced.

Do you have a link?

If the German Embassy explicitly says that health insurance is not needed for the application, then I would tend to believe it.

It might be an applying from Europe/from outside Europe thing. I couldn't find anything on the Dublin website, but the German Embassy in Sweden does not ask for health insurance for a jobseeker visa, while the one in Singapore does.

Possibly they could mean an EHIC card from an EU country, but that should not be valid as soon as you register your residence in Germany, which you have to do for a jobseeker permit.

3. Every person - of age or a minor - needs a separate application. As far as I am aware, one cannot bring dependents on a jobseeker visa, your daughter can only apply for a visa and subsequent residence permit after you have found work in your line of qualification, with an employer willing and able to sponsor you. Family reunification processing times vary case by case and country by country. 12 weeks is not unusual.
Hi ALKB,
Thanks for your reply.
This is the link for the job seeker application in Ireland: https://dublin.diplo.de/blob/2353934/da ... r-data.pdf

ALKB
Respected Guru
Germany

Post by ALKB » Tue May 25, 2021 11:08 am

Since the checklist is very clear about the after approval requirement and health insurance does not even have a tick box, I wouldn't add travel insurance at the time of application.

I would probably add a quote for 6 months insurance that fits the requirements.
I am not a regulated immigration advisor. I am offering an opinion and not advice.