ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa Question

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rezuan88
Newly Registered
Bangladesh

Visa Question

Post by rezuan88 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:02 pm

Hi

I am British citizen lived here since 2005. I have British passport. My wife from Bangladesh joined me July in spouse visa. I have looked online to find if she need visa to travel to Europe. I have been reading few post seems she doesn't require visa. Some people are saying she does. I am confused.

1. I am British Citizen with British passport. I am EEA resident.
2 She is my wife. Came on spouse visa have British Resident card.

Under Article 10 she is family member of EEA citizen and doesn't requires visa travel EEA/EU as she will be traveling with me.

Am I correct in this sense? I think I have to carry marriage certificate when traveling as proof we are married as we have different last name.

Can experience member of this forum please advise?

Many Thanks in advance for your help :D

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Visa Question

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:06 pm

She needs a visa.

She doesn't hold an Article 10 Residence Card as an EEA/EU family member. She holds a UK domestic immigration rule spouse visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.