ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will my 13 year old daughter (with Indian passport) need visa to visit France as part of her school trip?

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Awan2108
Newly Registered
India

Will my 13 year old daughter (with Indian passport) need visa to visit France as part of her school trip?

Post by Awan2108 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:26 pm

My 13 year old daughter (with Indian passport) need to visit France as part of her school trip. Will she need visa for this? (FYI... We are living UK for a number of years now.)

My initial view was that she will need, however, after reading this letter https://www.the-chateau.com/assets/Down ... ionals.pdf, which can be found here https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/ho ... ool-trips/ I'm confused now. It suggest that she will not need a visa when she is going on school trip.

Can someone please confirm this? Do you have any personal experience with your son or daughter school trip? Any information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

meself2
Ireland

Re: Will my 13 year old daughter (with Indian passport) need visa to visit France as part of her school trip?

Post by meself2 » Sat Sep 16, 2023 9:33 pm

Don't have the experience; however, to be safe, I would recommend to get a visa, since it's free for a school trip.
https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/fra ... -questions
Visa applications for the purposes of a school trip are free of charge.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

secret.simon

Re: Will my 13 year old daughter (with Indian passport) need visa to visit France as part of her school trip?

Post by secret.simon » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:08 pm

The first link posted in the original post does state that "Note that this, alike a visa, cannot completely guarantee entry into France."

Wiser to apply for a visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Awan2108
Newly Registered
India

Post by Awan2108 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 2:13 pm

Thank you for your responses.

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:37 pm

Many schools in the UK have non-UK pupils and know how to proceed in cases like this, I also would think of asking the school - they might be able to advise.

nem82
Newly Registered
India

Post by nem82 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:36 pm

Hello Awan2108,

Please could I check whether your daughter needed a visa for the school trip to France? My son (also on Indian passport) has a trip planned for next year and I was looking for information as well.

Kind regards

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 10:19 pm

nem82 wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:36 pm
Hello Awan2108,

Please could I check whether your daughter needed a visa for the school trip to France? My son (also on Indian passport) has a trip planned for next year and I was looking for information as well.

Kind regards
Have you been in touch with son's school - they must know how to deal with this.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.