ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work in Europe

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gns3555
Newly Registered
Algeria

Work in Europe

Post by gns3555 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 am

Hi,

I am on UK Tier 1 Entreprenuer visa. I need to visit EU to work for a week as my UK based client has their site in EU countries. As I invoice my client within UK I only have to visit their EU sites occasionally. Is this permissible or would I need any work authorization!?

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Work in Europe

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:38 am

Hello

You will be going to the EU on a visitor/Schengen visa.

If you deliver a work that is paid, even if billed in another country, you will be indeed working illegally. I have seen many people doing just that, but don't get caught red handed it's really illegal work.

gns3555
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by gns3555 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:35 pm

But isn’t it called a business trip as I will be attending conferences and giving consultancy only and the duration of stay will be 1 week maximum

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Post by Zerubbabel » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:43 pm

gns3555 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:35 pm
But isn’t it called a business trip as I will be attending conferences and giving consultancy only and the duration of stay will be 1 week maximum
If you attend a conference, a meeting or something of this nature, it's fine.

But if you go to deliver a consultancy, you are working illegally. A business visa doesn't cover work.

pentaya
India

Post by pentaya » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:51 pm

gns3555 wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:12 am
Hi,

I am on UK Tier 1 Entreprenuer visa. I need to visit EU to work for a week as my UK based client has their site in EU countries. As I invoice my client within UK I only have to visit their EU sites occasionally. Is this permissible or would I need any work authorization!?
As long as you attend meetings/conferences and any productive work without financial benefits, you're good. If I were you I would ask the employer to pay in the UK and occasionally work (less than 90 days) in EU which is perfectly legal.