ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 year visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

bookerw100
Member of Standing

10 year visit visa

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:39 pm

Has anyone applied and successfully received a 10 year visit visa recently from Delhi/India?

My parents have visited twice since 2017 , each with 6 months visit. We would rather they don't have to apply again and again every year so we are thinking of applying for a 10 year visit visa. What is required that is different to the std 6 month visa.

Is it a case of showing even stronger ties? My parents have two flats, dad has a pension and my older brother also lives in India. This combined with the fact that they have visited twice in the last 4 years (would have been more if it wasn't for covid) should hopefully suffice?

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Re: 10 year visit visa

Post by bookerw100 » Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:08 am

Any advice appreciated.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:12 am

Anyone with experience of getting a 10 year visitor visa?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:06 pm

bookerw100 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:39 pm
This combined with the fact that they have visited twice in the last 4 years (would have been more if it wasn't for covid)
Keep in mind that you don't want their visits to be too frequent. Residing in the UK in the guise of "frequent or successive visits" counts against them for the purposes of a visit visa.

As they have had just two visit visas to the UK, is there a reason for going straight for the 10 year visit visa and not a shorter duration like a 2 year or 5 year visa?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

bookerw100
Member of Standing

Post by bookerw100 » Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:36 am

secret.simon wrote:
Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:06 pm
bookerw100 wrote:
Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:39 pm
This combined with the fact that they have visited twice in the last 4 years (would have been more if it wasn't for covid)
Keep in mind that you don't want their visits to be too frequent. Residing in the UK in the guise of "frequent or successive visits" counts against them for the purposes of a visit visa.

As they have had just two visit visas to the UK, is there a reason for going straight for the 10 year visit visa and not a shorter duration like a 2 year or 5 year visa?
TO be honest reason is just convenience. The want to apply and get a long term visa and forget about it so they an come and go without much hassle. They have visited in the past before the recent two visits, But these were in the mid 2000s and mid 90s.
Are you suggesting its better to first apply for 2 or 5 years?