ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

7 year child application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Terryhowardmarcus
Newly Registered
Congo

7 year child application

Post by Terryhowardmarcus » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:54 pm

Hello, was wondering if any of you can tell me of your experiences with the 7 year child immigration rule as I have had a bit of conflicting advise from some lawyers.
Basically am thinking of applying for a visa for my child via 7 year route, one lawyer is advising me to put in an application for just the child whilst the other lawyer is asking to wait as I would have spent 20yrs in the in a couple of months time,hence would be better for us to do an application then.

tariqch0442
Newly Registered

Re: 7 year child application

Post by tariqch0442 » Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:38 pm

I am applying the same 7 years child route, I am advised so far is that all family should apply same time is better, otherwise you can adopt both ways.

I am planning to apply myself instead of hiring someone, need help for " cover letter" if anyone got a format would be much appreciated

many thanks

Terryhowardmarcus
Newly Registered
Congo

Post by Terryhowardmarcus » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:21 pm

Thanks for your post,just out of interest did a lawyer ask you to apply as a family or was it someone who had been successfully doing that?

tariqch0442
Newly Registered

Post by tariqch0442 » Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:24 pm

better apply as dependent of child to get a quick visa, in the long run you will get benefitted on child route than long residency