ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application fee refund

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

tgt2022
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Application fee refund

Post by tgt2022 » Thu May 26, 2022 6:48 pm

Dear all,

I find myself in a bit of an annoying situation. I submitted an ILR application and paid the full fee (2408.20 GBP) on 28/05/2021. I withdrew the application before the deadline to submit my biometrics which had not been submitted. The withdrawal was made online via 'Request for Return of Documents' on 24/06/2021 which I have a reference number for. More than a year later, even after submitting a complaint twice and getting my MP to write to the Home Office on my behalf, I still have yet to receive a refund. In terms of timeline,

Application type: Set (LR) online application
Date of payment: 28th May 2021
Date of cancellation: 24th June 2021
UKVI confirmation email: None received
No refund received

I have checked the refund policy and also consulted a solicitor with regards to getting a refund. As my application would have been invalid, a full refund was due. I am certain this is the case especially given the fact that I cancelled the application prior to deadline of biometrics submission. My last resort is to again enlist the help of a solicitor. I would be grateful for any other suggestion or advice on the aforementioned matter.

Many thanks.