ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for visit visa whilst on visit visa in a different country

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

gre.bm691

Applying for visit visa whilst on visit visa in a different country

Post by gre.bm691 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:18 am

Hi all
My parents (Indian passport holders) have been stranded in Saudi Arabia since the pandemic for the last 1.5 years due to pandemic. As the flights now resume, I am not keen for them to go back to India yet as 3rd wave seems inevitable. Hence I would like to get them to spend a few months here in UK with me.

The question is- are they allowed to apply for UK standard visit visa from Saudi Arabia whilst they are on a tourist visa out there.
We spoke to the Saudi VFS and they say that they only accept applications from Saudi citizens or from expats who are on a residential visa. The UK gov website, however, says you can apply from any country but doesn't give any more specifics.

Any help will be appreciated!

secret.simon

Re: Applying for visit visa whilst on visit visa in a different country

Post by secret.simon » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:28 am

The general rule is that you can apply for a visit visa only from the country/ies that you have the right to reside in (i.e. one that you are a citizen of or one that you have a residence visa of). You can't apply for a UK visit visa while in another country on a visit/non-residence visa.

The advice given to you by the Saudi VFS is correct.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:55 am

If they are legally in the country, then I believe it’s possible for them to apply for a UK visitor visa from there.

However, after 1.5 years on a tourist visa, are they still legally in the country?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

gre.bm691

Post by gre.bm691 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:50 am

Thanks for the inputs.
Yes, they are. Due to covid, the govt. Had allowed all tourists to extend their visas whilst remaining in the country.