ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Visitor Visa without Asset/Income

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

SS007
Newly Registered

Applying for Visitor Visa without Asset/Income

Post by SS007 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:49 am

Hi All,

I want to apply visit visa for my parents, they do not have any income source, I take care of all their expenses. They do not have any property on their name but they live in a flat I bought, so no rent, but have fixed deposits on their name worth GBP40,000(from sold land last year) split between both. They get interest from that FD's and I will sponsor their trip, will this be sufficient?

what are the chances of the visa getting approved?

I'm also worried about their tie's in India, although they have brother's and sister's - I'm the only son and have no siblings, is this a concern?

Any previous experiences/help is much appreciated.

Thanks

SS007
Newly Registered

Re: Applying for Visitor Visa without Asset/Income

Post by SS007 » Thu Jun 30, 2022 9:43 am

Any help on this please. Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:44 am

SS007 wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:49 am
Hi All,

I want to apply visit visa for my parents, they do not have any income source, I take care of all their expenses. They do not have any property on their name but they live in a flat I bought, so no rent, but have fixed deposits on their name worth GBP40,000(from sold land last year) split between both. They get interest from that FD's and I will sponsor their trip, will this be sufficient? Get the bank statement printed and attached to the application form.

what are the chances of the visa getting approved? It all depends on how airtight you make your application. Show where you work, show what you earn, immigration status. If you're married let the clearance officer know that they need to meet your kids (if you have one). Let your invitation letter speak volumes for you almost like you're being interviewed. Show financial independence on your part. Say you promised them this trip as a birthday present/ anniversary, blimey anything! 8)

I'm also worried about their tie's in India, although they have brother's and sister's - I'm the only son and have no siblings, is this a concern?Being an only son isn't a crime. Use that! Families are important, and not necessary a bad thing.

Any previous experiences/help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Goodluck!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

SS007
Newly Registered

Post by SS007 » Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:46 am

Thanks for assisting on this, I plan to include the following from my end:
Payslips, bank statements for salary credit, Employment letter confirming employment is permanent and income.

Does it help to include my wife’s statements and salary slips too or mine is enough?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:44 am
what are the chances of the visa getting approved? It all depends on how airtight you make your application. Show where you work, show what you earn, immigration status. If you're married let the clearance officer know that they need to meet your kids (if you have one). Let your invitation letter speak volumes for you almost like you're being interviewed. Show financial independence on your part. Say you promised them this trip as a birthday present/ anniversary, blimey anything!
I'd give almost exactly the opposite advice.

The application is about your parents *and their willingness to leave the UK at the end of their visa*. The more you make it about you, the more it would seem to the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) that they are unlikely to leave the UK at the end of their visa. The application speaks for *them*, not for you.
Ticktack wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:44 am
I'm also worried about their tie's in India, although they have brother's and sister's - I'm the only son and have no siblings, is this a concern?Being an only son isn't a crime. Use that! Families are important, and not necessary a bad thing.
And families can also be used to try to get around immigration rules. Which is why family ties to the UK make it *harder* for people to get visit visas to the UK, not easier.

Think about it from the ECO's point of view. Your parents have one child, settled in the UK and are wholly dependent on him. What incentives are there for them to return from the UK to their country of habitual residence? What is the risk that the parents, ostensibly on a visit, just decide to stay back with their only child and family? How would you answer these last two questions?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

SS007
Newly Registered

Post by SS007 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:54 am

Thanks for your reply, can you advice/suggest what would be useful or the right thing to do?

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:18 am

secret.simon wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm
The application is about your parents *and their willingness to leave the UK at the end of their visa*. The more you make it about you, the more it would seem to the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO) that they are unlikely to leave the UK at the end of their visa. The application speaks for *them*, not for you.
I guess it's all perspective, half empty half full. I wasn't talking about the form itself, but the invitation letter.
I send out invites to families like that and they've never had issues getting their visas issued or re-issued. Maybe it depends on the country or the ECO, I couldn't tell you what's what.
secret.simon wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:20 pm
Think about it from the ECO's point of view. Your parents have one child, settled in the UK and are wholly dependent on him. What incentives are there for them to return from the UK to their country of habitual residence? What is the risk that the parents, ostensibly on a visit, just decide to stay back with their only child and family? How would you answer these last two questions?
As much as this is true, these guys aren't exactly the devil. They do have a heart. If one goes about with this attitude, they'd never try and apply.
I'm always of the opinion that nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Worst case, they deny you. They'd give you the reason based on probabilities. Then you have something to work with on your next application. It's not once denied forever denied.

SS007
Newly Registered

Post by SS007 » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:21 am

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:18 am
Worst case, they deny you. They'd give you the reason based on probabilities. Then you have something to work with on your next application. It's not once denied forever denied.
Thanks, I will apply and what happens is left to the case worker.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:26 am

SS007 wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:21 am
Ticktack wrote:
Please post your outcome here when you're done. Others can learn from this.
Best of luck mate!

SS007
Newly Registered

Post by SS007 » Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 pm

Ticktack wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:26 am
SS007 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
Best of luck mate!
My parents have successfully got the visa today, thanks to the members.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:05 pm

SS007 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 pm
Ticktack wrote:
SS007 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
Best of luck mate!
Congratulations! Like I said, being the only son isn't a crime! Weld done for giving it a good go. 8)

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:39 pm

SS007 wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:29 pm
Ticktack wrote:
SS007 wrote:
Ticktack wrote:
Best of luck mate!
Congratulations.