ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying mother-in-law visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

msohaib25
Mood:

Sponsoring my mother family visit visa as a self employed

Post by msohaib25 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:24 pm

Hi All,

I need expert opinion and help with regards to Mother UK visit visa application as a Self employed sponsor.

I had been working as a permanent employee till June 2018 for last 3 years and now from july 2018 i am working as a self employed (contractor). I have registered company set up and have contract with my client. I am getting regular income in business account and withdrawing minimum salary and dividend on monthly basis.

i have not submitted financial account yet since it is just 2 months i have started contracting, it will be done after one year/more.

I need an advice would that be any issue if i am now working as self employed and year end financial accounts are not submitted yet or salary is minimum?

If not what documents should i provide as a sponsor.

any expert/gurus opinion would be highly appreciated

Regards,
Sobi

zimba
Mood:

Re: Sponsoring my mother family visit visa as a self employed

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:33 am

As far as I know, there is no such a thing as a 'UK sponsor' for a standard short stay visa. It is generally your mother who has to provide all the documents and evidence in order to secure a visa. She certainly needs fully paid return tickets, evidence or a letter that she stays with you and a copy of your residence permit and some evidence of finances. If you are covering her costs during her visit to the UK, you can send 3 months of bank statements or a proof of an income like an accountant's letter.

https://www.gov.uk/apply-standard-visitor-visa
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

msohaib25
Mood:

Post by msohaib25 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:14 am

Thanks

yes i know applicant has to provide all the documents from their side but i have to provide sponsor documents (like employment letter, payslips, bank statement etc to show my position as strong that i can accomodate her, afford her stay etc)

As i was permanent employee till june 2018 and from july i have been working as self employed so i am not sure what documents should i provide as it's just been 2 months since i am wroking as self employeed

As a self employeed we withdraw less salary and more dividend, would that be ok to show as self employeed and would that be enough?

appreciate your help

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:17 pm

You need to point me to where you got this requirement for 'sponsor documents' from. The word does not even exist in the rules for visitors and the closest word that appears is 'third party'. Also there are no mentions of any specified documents. This means that it is up to the visa officer to be satisfied with the documents an applicant provides. I already gave you a list of suitable supporting documents above to help support your mother's application.

From Immigration Rules Appendix V: visitor rules, part V4:
Funds, maintenance and accommodation provided by a third party
V 4.3 A visitor’s travel, maintenance and accommodation may be provided by a third party where the decision maker is satisfied that they:
(a) have a genuine professional or personal relationship with the visitor; and
(b) are not, or will not be, in breach of UK immigration laws at the time of decision or the visitor’s entry to the UK; and
(c) can and will provide support to the visitor for the intended duration of their stay.

V 4.4 The third party may be asked to give an undertaking in writing to be responsible for the applicant’s maintenance and accommodation. In this case paragraph 35 of Part 1 of these Rules applies also to Visitors. An applicant will normally be refused where, having been requested to do so, the applicant fails to provide a valid written undertaking from a third party to be responsible for their maintenance and accommodation for the period of any visit.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

msohaib25
Mood:

Post by msohaib25 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:27 pm

Ops OK my bad 'third party'

does that third party need to provide bank statement, employment letter, payslips. etc to show that third party can accommodate applicant and can afford food and maintenance.

msohaib25
Mood:

Applying mother-in-law visit visa

Post by msohaib25 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:40 pm

Hi All,

I need your help if you can please advice/suggest on the below txt.

I am applying for my mother in law visit visa as my wife is pregnant and expecting delivery in few months so i want her to visit us

I understand i have to attached my sponsorship document (Job payslips, bank statement, property document, MATB1 letter , invitation letter with confirmation that i ill bear all her expenses. I will attach these but i am not sure what documents should i provide from her side.

My mother in law lives with her family back home, she is housewife and she doesn't have bank account, her husband is self employed and deals in cash payments and he also doesn't have bank account. Her daughter has a bank account and her husband deposit cash payments in daughter's account. Her husband has a property which i can attach.

Could you please suggest what should i provide from her side for a financial proof?

Thanks in advance

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Applying mother-in-law visit visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:00 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

msohaib25
Mood:

Re: Applying mother-in-law visit visa

Post by msohaib25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:41 am

thanks for merging both topics

Question:
I am now applying for mother in law visa for the same reason
Father in law is retired and mother in law is house wife
Father in law has got property on his name ( i will attached property deed) and have rented out first floor and getting cash income of 30000 PKR every month
Her daughter is earning 50000 PKR and contribute towards day to day home expenses, i will attach her bank statement, payslips etc.

Would that be enough to show from there finance side (as a inviting party i will be covering all her travelling expenses.

Please advice if it's good enough to get visa as it's very important to have my mother in law here with us during this time.

thanks