ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Article 8 concern

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

viayemimola
Newly Registered

Article 8 concern

Post by viayemimola » Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:44 am

I am a 35 years old Nigerianman with an elder sister in UK. I came with tier 4 visa but I am applying for asylum on mental illness ground.
I have suffered suicidal thoughts with unsuccessful attempts of drug overdose. My sister ihas been given me medication since the fear of living her was the reason I overdosed. She is the only member of the family in communication with me as my parents are failed and do not accept me even when they were strong. When I am nervous she knows what to do as a medical doctor and she has written to my GP on her diagnosis and my GP had recommended psychiatric intervention upon her letter and this has led to new medication.

I want to know my chances upon her evidence that she is of use to me beyond normal emotional ties. She had submitted her letter to GP to the home office as her evidence of support to me as one with high capacity as a doctor to monitor me.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru

Re: Article 8 concern

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:04 am

Asylum claims based on medical provision ( or the lack of) in your country of origin are rarely successful in all bar the most under developed countries in the world.
If the treatment is available, regardless of cost, in your home country the claim will fail.
The only possibility you may have is discretionary leave on medical grounds but if you have applied for asylum then you have made a choice that may be your undoing.