ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum claim due to domestic violence in India

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Nirvair singh
India

Asylum claim due to domestic violence in India

Post by Nirvair singh » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm

Hi everyone I’m new here
First of all I want to ask can we apply asylum on base of domestic house violence.
I have applied for asylum in may 2018 and I did my screening in may as well. Ho send me letter asking for evidence regarding my asylum claim and I sent them through letter. After that they didn’t send me any letter. So my question here is will ho call me for interview or sometimes if they feel the case is strong then they send brp card?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Asylum interview

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:45 am

Nirvair singh wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:29 pm
Hi everyone I’m new here
First of all I want to ask can we apply asylum on base of domestic house violence.
I have applied for asylum in may 2018 and I did my screening in may as well. Ho send me letter asking for evidence regarding my asylum claim and I sent them through letter. After that they didn’t send me any letter. So my question here is will ho call me for interview or sometimes if they feel the case is strong then they send brp card?
Useful to state what your UK immigration history is and where the domestic violence has happened (UK or abroad)??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 am

It’s happened in india by my wife with me and we was divorced in 2014. I’m in uk since 2011.
Thanks for reply

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:56 am

Nirvair singh wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:48 am
It’s happened in india by my wife with me and we was divorced in 2014. I’m in uk since 2011.
Thanks for reply
On what basis are you in the UK, what is your visa status and how did you enter the UK??

Realistically, you are divorced so not sure how you believe you qualify for asylum when you can simply move somewhere else in India.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Nirvair singh
India

Re: Asylum claim due to domestic violence in India

Post by Nirvair singh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:28 pm

I came here on student visa in 2011. I can’t move anywhere of India because I have got arrest warrant against me so police will catch me straightway from airport. Thanks for replying

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:25 pm

Why do you have an arrest warrant, for what?

When did your student visa expire?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Arrest warrant is for I attempted to kill my wife and my student visa expires on 13 January 2013.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 4:43 pm

So you fear being arrested if you return for something that you did actually do.

I don't believe that your claim for asylum will be successful based on your circumstances as you are basically trying to avoid being arrested for trying to kill your wife.

How have you been maintaining yourself since your visa expired?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Thanks for replying sir

My wife did first police report against me and my other 7 family members in 2010 when I was india. In that case then we and my wife did compromise. Then Me and my wife applied for uk and we got visa.when me and my wife was coming to uk Indian immigration arrested me on 26 December 2010 on indian airport and told me u have police cases on ur name so we can’t let u go but they let my wife go uk. They arrested me and my wife reached uk. My wife had depended visa on me because I was the main applicant of our student visa. Then uk immigration asked my wife where is ur husband but she can’t gave any reasonable answer so uk depoorted my wife back to india.

I was in custody of indian authorities when they released me then again I cleared my police cases with my wife. Then On 8 han 2013 I tried again to come uk. This time immigration didn’t ask me anything and I landed on uk. In 2012 my wife did another police case against me and my other 7 family members in which I didn’t put my appearance in indian court because I was in uk that time. Then Court issued a arrest warrant against me That case finished in March 2018 in which my whole family get acquitted but my case is still there.

We have baby girl born of us My wife married someone else in 2013 without divorce with me and she had two babies from other husband. In between she applied for divorce from me which she got after her first baby birth but she kept my daughter with her as well because she want to take property of me through my daughter.

Now come back to police case.
So obviously when I’ll return the police will arrest me on airport then they will make big cases on me because my inlaws family has big relations with police.
This is my story

My father in law,grandfather in law,Brother in law all have very big criminal history. They did kidnapping,murders,lottings etc. My father in law is sentenced to fifteen years,Brother in law 2 years ,grandfather in law to 20 years. So w

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:19 pm

I’m alone son of my parents. So my father in law is saying to my parents whenever ur son will come back we will kill him so the whole property will come on his daughter name which they have. And the other reason they want to kill me because they feel embarrassed that I slept with their daughter. And in punjab people kil others because of these types of reasons.

And if they kill me after that my parents have no hope left to live and they will die everyday.

So this all all true story nothing is fake in there. So do u think this case is enough strong to go through.
Thanks for every reply.

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:22 pm

After my visa expired I was living illegal life but now homeoffce given me Arc card when I applied for asylum in may 16 2018

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello hope u okay Brother.
Brother can u please reply me. Thanks
I appreciate very highly the way u r helping stuck people here. Thanks again.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:52 am

Are you saying you did not attempt to kill your wife and that the arrest warrant is false, made up by your brother and father in law?

What did you tell the HO?

What about going and living in another country where you don't need a visa?

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:19 am

Yes the arrest warrant is false.
India Bangladesh nepal these all countries airport information is shared. So they will arrest me in these countries as well and I can’t go others countries to live because they need visa. And now I can’t make even indian original passport because I have police reports on my name in india. Indian embassy can only issue me slip for going india but I don’t want to go there because they will arrest me straightaway.

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:22 am

I told home office that my in-laws are gangsters. They will kill me straightaway because they have my daughter and after killing me I don’t have any brothers so my inlaws will take my property through my daughter.

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:51 pm

Hello Brother
I just got a letter from ho to come to do the reporting on 24 September 2018 in Solihull
Do u think it is good to go for reporting?

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:21 pm

If the HO has asked you to a meeting, then you must go and find out what they want. It's the law.

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:11 pm

Do you think my case is enough strong to go through. Thanks brother for replies

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:17 pm

I have no idea, what I thought was my very very strong case didn't go through. However, you won't know until you turn up for the meeting. My advice is do not miss it.

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:19 pm

If u don’t mind can I ask u what was the story of ur case. Thanks

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:21 pm

Brother do u think these types of domestic violence cases get success?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:27 pm

Nirvair singh wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:21 pm
Brother do u think these types of domestic violence cases get success?
1. No everyone in the forum is a man. Some of us are women!!

2. I cannot see how a domestic violence case that occurred in India, and you have divorced your spouse and tried to kill her, will be successful.

What evidence of persecution did you submit to support your asylum claim?

3. What evidence of the in laws being gangsters did you submit?

4. Did you declare that you are wanted by the Indian authorities due to trying to kill your wife??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:43 pm

The domestic violence occurred soon after my marriage. My wife did first police report against me and my other 7 family members in 2010 in which she told police that they tried to kill me my inlaws family has very high approach to police so police charge me my whole family under attemt to kill my wife. Later on me and my wife had compromise and then judge acquitted me and my whole family. After that I came to uk in 2011 and wife did another police report against me (I was in uk)and my other 6 family members in 2012 and police again charged us. That case last for 7 years and my whole family acquitted again but court issued arrest warrant against me because I didn’t put my appearance in court.

My persecution evidence is my arrest warrant in which my whole family is acquitted. Which I submitted to ho

My inlaws has long criminal history. They did murder robbery shotting and they all sentenced to 40 years altogether which I submitted to ho

Yes I told ho im wanted by indian authorities. Thanks 🙏

Nirvair singh
India

Post by Nirvair singh » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:29 pm

The domestic violence occurred because she was saying transfer some of the land on my name. But I was doubt on her she will take my land and will marry somewhere else. From that domestic violence started.

THO
- thin ice -
Vietnam

Post by THO » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:36 am

Are you currently working in the UK, if not, how do you support yourself?

And why don't you go back to India and clear your name, and rescue your daughter, who you said is being held by the in laws?