ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum claim issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, Administrator

Locked
Bigpipi
Newly Registered
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:30 pm
South Africa

Asylum claim issue

Post by Bigpipi » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm

Hi everyone just for me to be here I'm stressed and depressed about the delay that the home office have put me through.

My case is complicated I don't know where to start but il let u guys know and if u got any advise and knowledge please share with me.

I claimed asylum in Ireland in march 2014 and I was refused in Ireland but appealed on the decision but on that process of waiting on the tribunal in November I decided to come to UK because I had a wife who is a British citizen and a 3 years old British child. I came to UK through Belfast than I stayed in UK a year and few months. after I than reported my self to home office in 2016 January that I am illegal in the UK and I thought that the home office will detain me but I was out on bail I was handed a IS.96 to report every two weeks than it changed to once a month after a year at that time my wife was pregnant our second child.

Now in that process home office had send me letters informing me that they have ask Ireland to take me back but Ireland refused to take me back and home office decided to send me a letter on 14 November 2017 saying that my case does not longer falls under Dublin regulations and my case has now bean transferred to the UK, they said that they aim to make a decision on the 14 may 2018.

On the 14 may 2018 I had no decision and when I went to report in April i was called asked about my passport, I than gave my passport to the immigration enforcement he than said to me he will call the TCU to find out that will he be able to detain me but the TCU said I had a outstanding claim I was then released but my passport was seized.

After not receiving a decision on the 14 may 18 me and my wife decided to get a solicitor, my solicitor chase the home office asking about the decision the response from the home office was that I have not made a asylum application in the UK therefore the home office will not consider my case as I am a drop out and i have no outstanding application in the UK.

I was shocked and stress and depression started to hit me, my solicitor asked for my file from the home office and said to me I have to go claim asylum in Croydon.

I went to Croydon on 16 December 2018 for my screening interview and now I'm waiting for my second interview I have not received anything from home office. I'm been married to British citizen for 10 years and got two British kids 1 is going to be 8 this year 2019 and 1 is going to be 3 this year 2019, the home office got all my documents my kids birth with my name on it plus my fotos me and my kids and wife a letter from wife I mean everything.

What will be the out come and how long will this takes now cause I can't take waiting no more.

Jokeruk
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 pm
Mood:

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Jokeruk » Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:35 pm

Bigpipi wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:46 pm
Hi everyone just for me to be here I'm stressed and depressed about the delay that the home office have put me through.

My case is complicated I don't know where to start but il let u guys know and if u got any advise and knowledge please share with me.

I claimed asylum in Ireland in march 2014 and I was refused in Ireland but appealed on the decision but on that process of waiting on the tribunal in November I decided to come to UK because I had a wife who is a British citizen and a 3 years old British child. I came to UK through Belfast than I stayed in UK a year and few months. after I than reported my self to home office in 2016 January that I am illegal in the UK and I thought that the home office will detain me but I was out on bail I was handed a IS.96 to report every two weeks than it changed to once a month after a year at that time my wife was pregnant our second child.

Now in that process home office had send me letters informing me that they have ask Ireland to take me back but Ireland refused to take me back and home office decided to send me a letter on 14 November 2017 saying that my case does not longer falls under Dublin regulations and my case has now bean transferred to the UK, they said that they aim to make a decision on the 14 may 2018.

On the 14 may 2018 I had no decision and when I went to report in April i was called asked about my passport, I than gave my passport to the immigration enforcement he than said to me he will call the TCU to find out that will he be able to detain me but the TCU said I had a outstanding claim I was then released but my passport was seized.

After not receiving a decision on the 14 may 18 me and my wife decided to get a solicitor, my solicitor chase the home office asking about the decision the response from the home office was that I have not made a asylum application in the UK therefore the home office will not consider my case as I am a drop out and i have no outstanding application in the UK.

I was shocked and stress and depression started to hit me, my solicitor asked for my file from the home office and said to me I have to go claim asylum in Croydon.

I went to Croydon on 16 December 2018 for my screening interview and now I'm waiting for my second interview I have not received anything from home office. I'm been married to British citizen for 10 years and got two British kids 1 is going to be 8 this year 2019 and 1 is going to be 3 this year 2019, the home office got all my documents my kids birth with my name on it plus my fotos me and my kids and wife a letter from wife I mean everything.

What will be the out come and how long will this takes now cause I can't take waiting no more.
Home office are full of crap nowadays just keep on praying that things go well in your case and there is nothing u can do your life is in there hands you are not the only one there thousands of ppl in limbo. UK want immigrants out of there country. Its a waiting game.

User avatar
Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
Posts: 3417
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:21 am

Can I ask why you are claiming asylum when you have a much simpler visa route as a spouse of a British Citizen

Jokeruk
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 pm
Mood:

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Jokeruk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:47 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:21 am
Can I ask why you are claiming asylum when you have a much simpler visa route as a spouse of a British Citizen


If u listen to his story he was a asylum seeker in Ireland and some of the people can't afford a visa fee you make it sound sample when you say why don't you go a spouse route like they just can put in a application. A visa cost money which a asylum seeker can't afford because they are not allowed to work. Its not easy when u can't get work to support yourself how much more when u need to pay an application fee which cost thousands plus solicitor money and NHS

Jokeruk
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 pm
Mood:

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Jokeruk » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:10 am

Even a fee waiver makes it more difficult because it can get rejected and it can be stressful because its a wanting game too one of my mate had to go through a fee waiver and had to wait 18 month for the home office to grant him but unfortunate his one was rejected because he could not meet the home office criteria for fee waiver. He had three British kids and married to a British citizen. Its not easy how home office puts things for other people its seems easy when people say put in a application or claim asylum but no one knows how depressing it is to wait with one on knowing the outcome and the time it will take while there lives in on hold

User avatar
Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
Posts: 3417
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 pm

If the OP,s flag means anything then he has little or no chance of asylum as a ZAF.
So basically he is using asylum as a way to avoid a charged application, wasting everybody’s time and money.
I am also assuming his spouse is not earning £18,600 a year either or surely they would go for a Spouse visa.

As for fee wavier, hardly any cases get granted, you basically have to be homeless & unemployed, no access to friends or family support and devoid of any assets, that is right down to a mobile phone.

Jokeruk
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 pm
Mood:

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Jokeruk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:32 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:28 pm
If the OP,s flag means anything then he has little or no chance of asylum as a ZAF.
So basically he is using asylum as a way to avoid a charged application, wasting everybody’s time and money.
I am also assuming his spouse is not earning £18,600 a year either or surely they would go for a Spouse visa.

As for fee wavier, hardly any cases get granted, you basically have to be homeless & unemployed, no access to friends or family support and devoid of any assets, that is right down to a mobile phone.
Yah but he got kids that needs him as a father regardless there are British citizen the home office needs to look into his case in a family life. All I'm worried about is the waste of his life being unable to work or support his family. What a waste of time and life that home office puts into people lives.

User avatar
Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
Posts: 3417
Joined: Mon May 05, 2008 11:03 pm

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:20 am

The best that can be achieved is Discretionary Leave, if that suits him great. In this case I predict that is what he will be awarded. But it would not surprise me if they didn’t because there is / was a valid process that could have followed.

The OP has stayed silent - was the asylum claim prompted by an inability to meet the financial criteria under the Spouse route?

Jokeruk
Newly Registered
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Feb 26, 2019 11:01 pm
Mood:

Re: Asylum claim issue

Post by Jokeruk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:20 am
The best that can be achieved is Discretionary Leave, if that suits him great. In this case I predict that is what he will be awarded. But it would not surprise me if they didn’t because there is / was a valid process that could have followed.

The OP has stayed silent - was the asylum claim prompted by an inability to meet the financial criteria under the Spouse route?
Well as he have said that from Ireland he was a asylum seeker as the home office knows about. I don't see why he won't be granted his claim and the reasons of his fearing his life to return to his country I hope in feature he update us about his case And I don't know any asylum seeker that is financially well off.

Locked
cron