ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com


Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

asylum fresh claim processing time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Post Reply
flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:32 pm

hello everybody. ..I submitted my fresh asylum claim 2 December 2016 in Liverpool. ..does anyone knows the processing time for asylum fresh claim?
specially now after the new fresh claims in Liverpool.

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:45 pm

I do not know as well and would really appreaciate it if those that did it before could help and tell their experiences. I submitted a claim on Jan 17 2017 and the Home Office called me on the following Monday to say my family and I have to go for Biometrics they have sent us a letter. Collected the letter from our Solicitor and had the Biometrics on that 24th ( we had a deadline of 5 days)
We have not had any response since then. We dont know and the Lawyer was not sure why we had to have biometrics. Please help,, anyone !!!

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:43 am

did you submit your fresh claims in Liverpool ?

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:31 pm

flamenco88 wrote:did you submit your fresh claims in Liverpool ?
Thanks Flamenco88 for your response. Yes mine was in Liverpool

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:18 am

that's good I think HO started your application process...on which bases your fresh claim was...asylum or human rights?

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:50 pm

flamenco88 wrote:that's good I think HO started your application process...on which bases your fresh claim was...asylum or human rights?
It is a combination of both as i have a child who has been in this country for more than 7 years. If they has started with the whole process its better. Its the suspense of not knowing what is happening and for how long
that is stressing me. I wish you the best on your application and please update us

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Home office sent me a letter for interview in march... :roll:

nihad
Junior Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:51 pm
Mood:
Iraq

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by nihad » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:36 pm

Bongani wrote:I do not know as well and would really appreaciate it if those that did it before could help and tell their experiences. I submitted a claim on Jan 17 2017 and the Home Office called me on the following Monday to say my family and I have to go for Biometrics they have sent us a letter. Collected the letter from our Solicitor and had the Biometrics on that 24th ( we had a deadline of 5 days)
We have not had any response since then. We dont know and the Lawyer was not sure why we had to have biometrics. Please help,, anyone !!!
Now days home office takes Biometrics after the claim, they usually sent a letter with it why they want Biometrics data,
Simply it to make the process quicker later days if your claim accepted to process your Work Permit

Talking from experience

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:16 pm

flamenco88 wrote:Home office sent me a letter for interview in march... :roll:
Oh really is that what you and your solicitor were hoping for ? What did the HO say about the reasons for an interview?

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:22 pm

nihad wrote:
Now days home office takes Biometrics after the claim, they usually sent a letter with it why they want Biometrics data,
Simply it to make the process quicker later days if your claim accepted to process your Work Permit

Talking from experience[/quote]

That makes sense but in my letter there were no reasons why they wanted our biometrics. It was just a staight forward letter instructing us to take biometrics within 5 day thats why my solicitor does not have an explanation to it and their phone call.

Anyways in your case you did your Biometrics and after how long did they reply you with the work permit because i want to get a rough idea of when to expect a response

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:50 pm

Bongani wrote:
flamenco88 wrote:Home office sent me a letter for interview in march... :roll:
Oh really is that what you and your solicitor were hoping for ? What did the HO say about the reasons for an interview?

tbh I don't know if the interview is a positive or negative signs. ..it just said in the letter HO wanna discuss my asylum fresh claim...do you think the decision will be quickly mad after interview?

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:05 am

flamenco88 wrote:
Bongani wrote:
flamenco88 wrote:Home office sent me a letter for interview in march... :roll:
Oh really is that what you and your solicitor were hoping for ? What did the HO say about the reasons for an interview?

tbh I don't know if the interview is a positive or negative signs. ..it just said in the letter HO wanna discuss my asylum fresh claim...do you think the decision will be quickly mad after interview?
It is a positive thing because you have been given a second chance to go to court and explain your case and chances of you winning it are high. If your case wasn't strong it would have been refused and you would not be given a chance to appeal. So keep your fingers crossed.

After a court appearance you should expect a response between 3 -4 weeks.

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 am

bongani thanx for the response. ..I was invited to the interview with HO in Liverpool, it is not a right of appeal as the decision wasn't made yet...

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:53 pm

flamenco88 wrote:bongani thanx for the response. ..I was invited to the interview with HO in Liverpool, it is not a right of appeal as the decision wasn't made yet...
Have you been for your interview? I am still waiting

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:07 pm

hi bongani...yes I have dun the interview just waiting for the result. ..any news about you?

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:28 pm

flamenco88 wrote:hi bongani...yes I have dun the interview just waiting for the result. ..any news about you?
Thats great. One less thing to worry about, at least the waiting period wont be that long. Was the interview like a normal asylum interview? As for me am still waiting thinking maybe tomorrow. Its so emotionally draining

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:42 pm

let's see what's what happens....yes I agree with you waiting is very hard and gives you soo much stress, however keep us updated with your case and hopefully you will get something good.

Bongani
Newly Registered
Posts: 14
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by Bongani » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:31 pm

flamenco88 wrote:let's see what's what happens....yes I agree with you waiting is very hard and gives you soo much stress, however keep us updated with your case and hopefully you will get something good.
Hey just to let you know the outcome of my application. I got granted Leave to Remain 2.5 years in February but received response for my claim and biometric cards beginning of April( its written the date I was granted in Feb) All in all i would say the whole process took 2 and a half months. Hope you had a positive outcome as well. Keep us posted

munirabid
Member of Standing
Posts: 353
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by munirabid » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:34 pm

hi

here is my time line , i got permission by post for fresh asylum and i post fresh asylum on 16 August 2017 and they received on 17 August and acknowledgement letter received dated 26th of August 2017. after that no news.
my further submission base on asylum and child Born in UK and spend 7 years in UK. i came in UK in July 2006 as student and I applied asylum in April 2012 and HO refused in March 2014 and appeal right exhaust in April 2017.

flamenco88
Newly Registered
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: asylum fresh claim processing time

Post by flamenco88 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:34 pm

congratulations my friend , I am still waiting .

Post Reply
cron