ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Asylum seeker applying passport

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Ally88
Newly Registered

Asylum seeker applying passport

Post by Ally88 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:30 pm

Hello there, I hope there will be someone replying to my topic.

I am an asylum seeker and have been fighting for last 6-7 years. (So I can't state my nationality, sorry.)
Few years ago I attempted to renew my passport because my asylum claim is not based on my country's government, and learnt my country has to issue the passport whether I have right to reside in the UK or not.
But it didn't work.

I told them I am waiting for the visa application, then they asked me to provide the proof I have been waiting for the decision. I gave a couple of documents which doesn't state "asylum" but embassy wasn't happy and asked more documents.
So I gave up continuing to renew.

Now I got an immigration status from another route, but still continuing my asylum claim. I got my old passport back but there is an asylum claim reference number written.
I applied to renew my passport again, but said HO lost my old passport because I thought my country shouldn't know about my asylum claim.
But now the embassy called me and accused why I didn't provide my documents few years ago (they didn't find it when I applied in embassy), and if HO lost my passport, they usually contact to the embassy.
They asked me to state the situation/what happened and send it to them otherwise they won't issue my passport.

Now what should I state my "situation"?
Should I insist HO lost my passport, or it was my mistake and my "solicitor" lost my passport? Or any idea??
I've been dealing with HO too long and treated unlawfully, so got a big trauma. I am shaking now because of fear.
It would be great if you could give me your opinion/idea. Thank you so much.

glas195

Re: Asylum seeker applying passport

Post by glas195 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:10 pm

Just tell your embassy the truth: you filed for asylum in the past, but now you have changed your mind.
I don't think they will ask the reason why you filed for asylum, and even if they ask, you can tell them whatever you want.
They cannot contact the HO either to know why you filled asylum because this information is strictly confidential.

Ally88
Newly Registered

Re: Asylum seeker applying passport

Post by Ally88 » Thu May 13, 2021 5:58 pm

Thank you for your opinion, glas. I was panicked so it was helpful.