ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British National (Overseas) or BNO Visa Route

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ppycrmt

British National (Overseas) or BNO Visa Route

Post by ppycrmt » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:12 am

Hi all,

I hope I am posting in the correct forum, if not please advise on where to insert this post.

I am hoping someone is able to assist me on a few things in regards to the newly announced BNO Visa, for Hong Kongers who have BNO passport to migrate and live in the UK. See link below:
https://www.gov.uk/british-national-overseas-bno-visa

In the Documents section, it is required to provide Permanent Home Address. Now, if the applicants are based in HK, does it mean providing address there or address in the UK? If the applicants have family members in the UK, could this be an address for them to use?

From the website it sounds as though they are looking for an address in the UK unless I am reading it wrong:
household or utility bills
a visa, residence permit or other immigration document (or a colour photocopy)
payslips or your most recent P60
bank statements
a letter from an employer confirming your employment
records of rent or mortgage payments
an appointment letter from your GP or other healthcare professional
a letter from the local council or a government

Lastly, the applicants require sufficient funds to self sustain in the UK. What is enough? With regards to accommodation, will it be more supportive to say there are family members in the UK already or better to leave this out?

Many thanks in advance.

ppycrmt

Re: British National (Overseas) or BNO Visa Route

Post by ppycrmt » Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:37 am

Anyone able to help?