ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Brother's Visitor visa rejection

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Himanshi
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Brother's Visitor visa rejection

Post by Himanshi » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:11 pm

Hi All,

My brother's standard visitor visa was rejected by the home office two years back. The reason they gave is un-explained funds in the account. Now I want to re-apply for him, can you please let me know :
- What details shall I add to the prior rejection reason in the present application? Should I give very detailed details of how much the fund was and from where it came etc or just write something like missing a supporting document last time etc?
- We will be sponsoring his full visit so what should I write about in his personal expenses as we will be paying for his flights, accommodation will be with us etc.
Thanks

Zerubbabel
Respected Guru
Mood:

Re: Brother's Visitor visa rejection

Post by Zerubbabel » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:35 am

Hello

Share the text of the rejection please.

Casa

Post by Casa » Sun Jun 26, 2022 3:54 pm

Zerubbabel wrote:
Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:35 am
Hello

Share the text of the rejection please.
....but please remove any personal details. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Post by Ticktack » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:48 am

Himanshi wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:11 pm
Hi All,

My brother's standard visitor visa was rejected by the home office two years back. The reason they gave is un-explained funds in the account. Now I want to re-apply for him, can you please let me know :
- What details shall I add to the prior rejection reason in the present application? Should I give very detailed details of how much the fund was and from where it came etc or just write something like missing a supporting document last time etc?
- We will be sponsoring his full visit so what should I write about in his personal expenses as we will be paying for his flights, accommodation will be with us etc.
Thanks
The general mistake people make when applying for visiting visas for their siblings is that the tend to chuck a lot of cash into he/she's account. The family rallies round and everyone donates.

This never looks good. Instantly, it is obvious to the clearance officer what's going on here. Everyone working has a set amount of money cash flow, that comes in regularly. True there might be a few anomalies (thrift, rent), but that has to be justified with paperwork. Little inflows of cash would naturally be overlooked. Large sums would be scrutinized.

If you're sponsoring his full visit, it doesn't look good on your brother whom I presume is over 18 years. What necessarily works for parents, doesn't work for siblings. Parents are kinda adult dependants to a large extent. Siblings should naturally be self sustaining. There are always exceptions to the rules of course.

It just looks like he has nothing to go back to!
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!