ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP delay, please advise

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

LucidDreamer
Newly Registered
Mood:
Zimbabwe

BRP delay, please advise

Post by LucidDreamer » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:03 am

Hi

Last year in June 2022, I booked a March 2023 trip to Turkey for medical reasons.

Subsequently, I applied for a new job and switched my skilled worker visa to new employer. I used the ID check app. I am a visa national ie cannot travel to UK without a visa under any circumstances.

My application was approved on 11 October 2022.

It's now 28 January 2023 and I still haven't received my BRP.

I have reported this to HO using their online form 3 times, and I've had email correspondence with the BRP Delivery Team. I've received conflicting information HO.

First they said my application was still pending (!). Then they said there was a technical problem. On 18 January, they said my BRP will be produced within 48 hours.

I'm at my wits end. My new employer uses an immigration consultancy which has so far been unbothered and frankly useless.

I read on Reddit that the problem is that the ID check app doesn't automatically request production of BRPs for visa nationals because it was initially made and used for EU nationals that don't need a BRP.

Has anyone else experienced such a delay and eventually got their BRP? How long did it take and what advice do you have?

Is there any chance of claiming back financial cost of this unreasonable delay from HO?

imcho27
Newly Registered
Mood:

Re: BRP delay, please advise

Post by imcho27 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:44 pm

Your answer is no their is no defined time but in your case you said home office told your BRP will be produced in 48 working hours ? so if you have proof we can drag them to provide you your BRP ASAP, thanks

Kind Regards
Contact details removed by moderaror

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: BRP delay, please advise

Post by CR001 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:45 pm

imcho27 wrote:
Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:44 pm
Your answer is no their is no defined time but in your case you said home office told your BRP will be produced in 48 working hours ? so if you have proof we can drag them to provide you your BRP ASAP, thanks

Kind Regards
Contact details removed by moderaror
You are not permitted to post any contact details on the forum and you are also not permitted to use the forum to solicit business.

If you persist, you will be banned from the forum.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.