ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP replacement for ILR holder - fee amount & time

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

snowysky
Newly Registered

BRP replacement for ILR holder - fee amount & time

Post by snowysky » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:14 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone know how much is the fee for a BRP replacement for someone who has ILR ?

The link here leads to an online application form, but does not provide info on the fee amount: https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... nt-service .. Has anyone used this recently? What was the amount to be paid?

And how long did it take to get the new BRP?

Many thanks for your help!

zimba
Mood:

Re: BRP replacement for ILR holder - fee amount & time

Post by zimba » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:53 pm

£56 and takes around 6 months
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:39 am

Do we know if invited to use the UKVCAS IDV App, if the Home Office will use the previous photo held on their system for the new BRP card? Or will they use the new photo submitted for identity check via the app for the new BRP?

And as there will be no SMS update available or any update via the app itself, will it be a quicker process overall via the IDV App?

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:12 am

I applied and paid for the replacement BRP on 2nd August, and I remember seeing a notice saying that I must have everything completed by 2nd October, i.e. have my documents submitted and the documents verified by UKBA by 2nd October.

I have tried to find this message again but could not see it anywhere.

Given I could not download the app, I immediately booked for an appointment, which is later than 2nd October.

I tried calling 0330 123 1199 but just simply could not get through to a person after long holds. They also do not tell us what number we are in the queue, or the estimated waiting time, simply that there is no agent available and that we will hear the music until we get connected to an agent.

Will my application still be fine with an appointment date beyond 2nd October? I reported as lost on 28th July, and lost date as 20th July, and completed and paid for the online application on 2nd August. I.e. it will be over 2months from application date to appointment date.

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:58 pm

UKBA does NOT exist. You will be fine. Note that it will take around 6 months from appointment day.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:11 pm

Thank you for your reply Zimba.

Apologies - was UKBA replaced by UKVCAS then?

When you say I will be fine, are you aware of the "provide documents and biometrics by 2 months from application" that I spoke of?

It had an exact date of 2nd October on it because I set a reminder for this but I cannot see this anywhere now.

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Zimba wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:58 pm
Note that it will take around 6 months from appointment day.
Will it be quicker if done via the UKCAS IDV app then? I need to take my phone to a service centre to get help with this if so..

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Thank you very much Zimba. I really appreciate your help as my father's health has been deteriorating so when the country reopens the borders, I would really like to be able to fly out then. What an awful timing for me to have lost my BRP! :cry:

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:

Post by seagul » Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm

snowysky wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 pm

Will it be quicker if done via the UKCAS IDV app then? I need to take my phone to a service centre to get help with this if so..
There is no touchstone bearing out such supposition rather no harm in trying exploring more than one ways to see which one works faster. There is a live text commentary regarding appointments in different forum which may give you a little guidance.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:22 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm
snowysky wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:14 pm

There is no touchstone bearing out such supposition rather no harm in trying exploring more than one ways to see which one works faster. There is a live text commentary regarding appointments in different forum which may give you a little guidance.
Ok thank you @seagul - I will try searching for those threads regarding appointments.

snowysky
Newly Registered

Post by snowysky » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:40 pm

seagul wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:25 pm
There is no touchstone bearing out such supposition rather no harm in trying exploring more than one ways to see which one works faster.
And yes looks like I will need to explore resolving the issues around my phone for the IDV app too!

May things go smoothly for everyone everywhere for we all truly need it!