ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I come back to the UK with a different name?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rihanna21
Newly Registered

Can I come back to the UK with a different name?

Post by rihanna21 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:56 pm

Good Evening,

Recently I took a voluntary leave from the UK in which I won't be able to come back for another 2-5 years according to the ministry of state. However situations have arisen which means I have to go back to the UK. I know that taking a voluntary leave does not count as deportation so I was wondering whether there is any way I can come back to the UK in a month or two. I don't plan to settle there but would I get a visa if I applied for it once in the UK?

Someone suggested to me to change my name on my passport and take a short visit to the UK which doesn't require a visa, would that work? I had my fingerprints pressed at the home office in the UK when I was getting ready to leave, would they find out if I made another passport with a different name? I'm from Mauritius so I have a Mauritian passport. If that doesn't work are there any other ways I can come back? Please help.

Kwipeh
Nigeria

Re: Can I come back to the UK with a different name?

Post by Kwipeh » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:52 pm

Your fingerprints will be taken again at the airport.

What you plan to do actually sounds quite outside the realms of legality.

Casa

Post by Casa » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:54 pm

No one on the forum will give you advice on how to enter the UK illegally.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

rihanna21
Newly Registered

Post by rihanna21 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:56 pm

I am so sorry, I had no intention at all, in fact I did not know this way was an illegal act. I read it somewhere on the internet and was also advised by someone to choose this option. Had I knew, I would have never asked.

However going back to fingerprints, usually they are not checked at UK airports, what circumstances will they check your fingerprints? I did not mean to offend any law, I was just given the wrong information.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:51 pm

How do you intend to obtain a passport in a different name :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:53 pm

rihanna21 wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:56 pm
. I don't plan to settle there but would I get a visa if I applied for it once in the UK?
A visitor to the UK isn't able to apply for any other category of visa. :?: If you don't want to settle in the UK, which category of visa do you believe you qualify for. :?:
(Casa, not CR001)

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:30 am

Doesn't the visa application ask for all your past known names?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.