ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I stay longer than then days incidated in application form of a 2 year UK standard visitor visa?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sophia7
Newly Registered
China

Can I stay longer than then days incidated in application form of a 2 year UK standard visitor visa?

Post by sophia7 » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:47 am

Dear All,

My parents got the 2 years multiple entry standard visitor visas with 180 days allowed per visit. I am planning for their travel. Within application form, we stated the intend visa time is 1 month. However, I would like them to stay for 3 months now, longer than the 1 month in application form but within the 180 days as visa issued. Would this acceptable? whether this 3 months stay will affect their next visa application after 2 years? Would more than appreciate for any comments.

Ticktack
Respected Guru

Re: Can I stay longer than then days incidated in application form of a 2 year UK standard visitor visa?

Post by Ticktack » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:41 am

sophia7 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:47 am
Dear All,

My parents got the 2 years multiple entry standard visitor visas with 180 days allowed per visit. I am planning for their travel. Within application form, we stated the intend visa time is 1 month. However, I would like them to stay for 3 months now, longer than the 1 month in application form but within the 180 days as visa issued. Would this acceptable? whether this 3 months stay will affect their next visa application after 2 years? Would more than appreciate for any comments.
Technically, it's allowed. However, it's always nice to stay within the margin originally stipulated for reason you've mentioned above.

It's a long term multiple entry visa, so my advise would be; they come and spend 5-6 weeks. This is vaguely around the timeframe already pre-stated.
After 9-10 months, they can come back and spend 4-5 months.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Re: Can I stay longer than then days incidated in application form of a 2 year UK standard visitor visa?

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:54 pm

sophia7 wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:47 am
Dear All,

Yes they can. Yes it can affect subsequent visa applications as it can be used as reason for refusal not sticking to stated duration of visit. I consider this a rarity and a bit cruel reason for refusal but it has happened before.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jun 09, 2023 3:25 pm

Look at it from the Entry Clearance Officer's point of view when assessing future visa applications. The visitor visa was granted according to the information given in the application. The decision is also partly based on the length of stay in the UK declared when applying. If the stay is later extended, this could influence the ECO's decision for subsequent visa applications. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.