ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I travel outside the UK while my TOC application is pending?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Can I travel outside the UK while my TOC application is pending?

Post by itsnotlupus » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:16 am

Hello everyone,

My wife applied in December to have her Ancestry visa transferred from her old passport to a BRP.

She used the new service so all of her documents were returned and nothing was kept by the UKVI, which means she still has her maiden name passport that hold her valid ancestry visa.

Question is: can she travel outside of the UK whilst the application is pending?

I know travel is not permitted when applying for a visa or ILR.

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Re: Can I travel outside the UK while my TOC application is pending?

Post by itsnotlupus » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:37 pm

Anyone?

The guidance for TOC only mentions that the BRP has to be issued if all conditions are met, there is no "withdrawal" section just like on the Tier 2/IRL guidance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm

There was no need to apply for a BRP card. She could have simply travelled with both passports.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

itsnotlupus
Newly Registered

Post by itsnotlupus » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:11 pm
There was no need to apply for a BRP card. She could have simply travelled with both passports.
She’s considering switching jobs and she cannot use the visa in the old passport with maiden name as proof is right to work :(.