ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can ILR be revoked due to county court judgements (CCJ) for debt?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

zapped
Newly Registered

Can ILR be revoked due to county court judgements (CCJ) for debt?

Post by zapped » Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:56 pm

Since my partner gained her indefinite leave in 2013 she has fallen into debt due to low income and now has 2 county court judgements (CCJ) against her name. When her ILR is up for renewal is there a possibility she could have it revoked due to the CCJs?

poper
Diamond Member
India

Re: Can ILR be revoked due to county court judgements (CCJ) for debt?

Post by poper » Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:33 pm

As far as I am aware, ILR will not be revoked for reasons as minor as CCJ/Debt.
By the way, ILR has no concept of renewal(ILR - Indefinite Leave to Remain)
Any suggestions I make in the forum are out my personal experience and should not be taken as a legal/professional advise.

zapped
Newly Registered

Post by zapped » Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 pm

According to this: third party solicitor weblink removed by moderator ILR has to be renewed every 10 years.

James10101995
India

Post by James10101995 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:53 am

zapped wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:36 pm
According to this: b]third party solicitor weblink removed by moderator[/b] ILR has to be renewed every 10 years.
did you read it, nowhere it says ILR has to be renewed every 10 years and ILR does not expire? it says
"All Biometric Residence Permits have an expiry date and will last up to 10 years."

Even looking at the link you posted it say
"Can indefinite leave to remain expire?
ILR status will not expire, but it can be lost in certain circumstances. BRPs, as proof of ILR status, are issued for ten years.
"

zimba
Mood:

Post by zimba » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:51 am

zapped wrote:
According to this: third party solicitor weblink removed by moderator ILR has to be renewed every 10 years.
That is nonsense. ILR status does not expire and so it does not need to be renewed and CCJs have no effect. Debt is a civil issue. Renewing your BRP card is NOT renewing your ILR status. :!:

There is whole guide on when ILR is revoked: https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... uk-process
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

AmazonianX
Respected Guru

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:07 pm

zapped wrote:
In UK, all photo IDS are subject to 10yr renewal or do we call it reissuse so that details especially photo can be updated case in point is driving licence.