Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to!

Login Register Do not show

Can my S Korean carer stay in the UK?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, Zimba, Administrator

Newly Registered
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 6:35 pm
Location: London

Can my S Korean carer stay in the UK?

Post by iconique » Wed Dec 01, 2004 11:39 pm

I’m disabled and currently employ a brilliant 32 year old South Korean lady currently in the UK on her 2nd year student visa. The visa she has runs out at the end of March and apparently she can only extend it to stay in the UK if she signs up for a degree course, which of course she can’t do as she works for me during the day. She is very keen to stay in the UK and carry on working as my carer but at the same time doesn’t want to sign up for a full time degree course.

Apart from being very fond of her she is also a very compassionate and reliable carer for me. It was extremely difficult to find a carer that was suitable and in fact it took 5 months to find the right person. She pays her National Insurance and everything.

She has now become fully conversant with my medication, physio, dietary requirements and to be quite honest is a God send. She is in fact going back to Korea for Xmas so could this be of any benefit for my situation.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Adam

Posts: 133
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:15 pm
Location: London

Post by K2004 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 2:18 pm


I suggest you give them a call, you dont have to give personal details, they will guide you on how to apply for a Workpermit...