ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can the parents of a minor EU national set up a businese ?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ck4137

Can the parents of a minor EU national set up a businese ?

Post by ck4137 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:09 am

We got the residency in the UK as the parents of a minor EU national under the chen ruling. We know we are not allowed to work in the UK,but we want to open a restaurant in the UK.Could you please tell us if we are allowed to set up a businese in the UK?

Rozen
Diamond Member

Re: Can the parents of a minor EU national set up a businese

Post by Rozen » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:47 am

ck4137 wrote:We got the residency in the UK as the parents of a minor EU national under the chen ruling. We know we are not allowed to work in the UK,but we want to open a restaurant in the UK.Could you please tell us if we are allowed to set up a businese in the UK?
I'm not too sure about this, but I would think that 'setting up a business' would be classified as working. That's just IMHO. I'll leave it to others to comment.

sachin_4646

Post by sachin_4646 » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:45 pm

If you are not allowed to work in present category ... You are not allowed to open business either