ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can visa be rejected after receiving Biometric appointment?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

rohitsharmalk
Newly Registered

Can visa be rejected after receiving Biometric appointment?

Post by rohitsharmalk » Wed May 04, 2011 7:44 am

Hi,

Has anyone got his Tier 1 extn rejected after successfully attending the biometric appointment. Just wondering if Biometric appointment means a non-formal visa approval.

Thanks

thebionicredneck2003
Member of Standing

Post by thebionicredneck2003 » Wed May 04, 2011 9:30 am

Hi Rohitsharmalk,

A biometric appointment does not mean an informal visa approval as everyone has to attend an appointment now.

Your application will still be considered based on its own merit and has no bearing on the call to attend a biometric appointment.

Kind Regards

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Re: Can visa be rejected after receiving Biometric appointme

Post by Aryan2013 » Wed May 04, 2011 12:11 pm

rohitsharmalk wrote:Hi,

Has anyone got his Tier 1 extn rejected after successfully attending the biometric appointment. Just wondering if Biometric appointment means a non-formal visa approval.

Thanks
As far as I know, they will look into your application after your bio-metrics.

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Thu May 05, 2011 9:29 am

Bio matrics is for everybody:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... tingtimes/ See this page of UKBA which states

Waiting times
This page gives details of the processing time for applications made under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system.
We are currently considering applications where the applicant attended a biometric appointment on or before 19 April

Without providing biometric application is incomplete and can not be processed by UKBA

ksirasala
Newly Registered

Post by ksirasala » Tue May 10, 2011 3:51 pm

Hello everyone,

I understand the biometrics is for everyone.

However last time I applied for tier 1 (In person) they refused my visa without a biometrics in the recent past when the rule was applicale. Does that not mean that if the biometrics appointment has been given then it means the necessary paper work is checked at its first stage and approved?

Since biometrics will give UKBA information of any criminal record of the applicant, does that not mean the application has been actually favourable in terms of paperwork, should the applicant has no criminal records?

Please provide answers to both the questions.

Thanks in advance

KS

rohitsharmalk
Newly Registered

Post by rohitsharmalk » Tue May 10, 2011 3:57 pm

At what stage was your visa rejected. What was the reason?

ksirasala
Newly Registered

Post by ksirasala » Tue May 10, 2011 4:29 pm

This was in a personal appointment, where you are given the visa on the same day (Premium service). Post fees paying at the counter and document submission they called me after 2 hours so that the documents can be checked. soon as I returned they told me that if I had a contract document for my earning they would approve the visa, I did not have the contract at that point in time and they gave me a letter to produce the contract document asap (here I didnt know what asap meant and check with one of my immigration consultants - he told me it was 28 days if no timelines are given) but I received a letter of refusal in 3 days saying UKBA waited for 3 days and refused my Visa even whem my contract reached them before I got the refusal letter. Aint that funny

Greenie
Respected Guru

Post by Greenie » Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

it may be slightly different at the PEO but with postal applications they do not consider an application substantively until biometrics have been given, hence why the timeframes given on the website refer to when the biometrics was given.

The fact you have recieved your biometrics letter is not an indication that your application will be successful.

ksirasala
Newly Registered

Post by ksirasala » Tue May 10, 2011 6:46 pm

Thanks Mate, that was helpful :)

khan2300
Newly Registered

Biomatric

Post by khan2300 » Wed May 25, 2011 9:59 pm

Hi, everybody please tell me what should I do, I have not received a biometric letter, I sent my application with 3 dependants on 04 April 2011. now is 25/05/2011 and I am still waiting for biometric letter. can I call UKBA and ask for biometric letter?

Greenie
Respected Guru

Re: Biomatric

Post by Greenie » Wed May 25, 2011 10:10 pm

khan2300 wrote: can I call UKBA and ask for biometric letter?
yes.

samir thakker
Newly Registered
India

Re: Can visa be rejected after receiving Biometric appointment?

Post by samir thakker » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am

Dear Sir,

Biometric call means application successful???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can visa be rejected after receiving Biometric appointment?

Post by CR001 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:25 am

samir thakker wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am
Dear Sir,

Biometric call means application successful???
No it does not mean anything.

Please DO NOT post your questions in topics that are more than 7 years old. Digging up old topics clutters the forum's current queries and note that many rules and processes have moved and changed on since 2011!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.