ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancellation of the application before UKVCAS appointment

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

ehsankh
Newly Registered

Cancellation of the application before UKVCAS appointment

Post by ehsankh » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I would like to cancel my application before the appointment with UKVCAS. Just had few questions:
1. Has anyone ever done this?
2. Has the money be refunded?
3. How long will it take to have the application fee be refunded?
4. In the cancellation form there are two fields Case number and Home office reference, which I really do not have. Do you suggest anything to be entered in those two fields?

Thanks

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Re: Cancellation of the application before UKVCAS appointment

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:23 am

1) Yes.
2) Yes.
3) 3-4 weeks or longer due to covid delays.
4) Use UAN (Unique Application Number) or Payment Reference Number.

Make sure you have valid current leave if you plan to cancel your pending application with HO.
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ehsankh
Newly Registered

Post by ehsankh » Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:30 am

Thanks for your reply, CULLINAN

I was just wondered that inside the application form there is a place that says:
Do you currently have an application with the Home Office for leave to remain for which you have not yet received a decision?

Should I say yes in the second application and mention the first application's number?

I'm a bit unclear on it as I have not done UKVCAS appointment yet and it's still before going for HO decision making.

Thanks.

CULLINAN
Respected Guru
Pakistan

Post by CULLINAN » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:24 pm

If you use the gov service to voluntarily cancel pending application before reapplying, then you can just say NO and proceed.

You should cancel your UKVCAS appointment also (you will only get a refund minus £10 admin fees if cancelled up to 48hrs before the appointment).

https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
Personal opinion only, not to be mistaken for legal advice. Please DO NOT PM me for immigration advice. Love for All, Hatred for None.

ehsankh
Newly Registered

Post by ehsankh » Mon May 03, 2021 7:59 am

Thanks for your reply, CULLINAN

I'll write whole the process I've taken with details after having results, in the next couple of weeks

ehsankh
Newly Registered

Post by ehsankh » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am

Updates:

My second application got approved, and I received an ILR card a few days after.

I had to call the UK Visa customer service team to remind them about the withdrawal-form I filled in and received no refund after 20 working days. They helped me with escalating the case.

Today I received the confirmation on withdrawal from HO, which triggered the refund to be done after 28days.

Wish it helps :)

Vincy1989
Newly Registered
St Vincent & Grenadines

Post by Vincy1989 » Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:05 pm

Hi
I wondered if you are able to assist with a quick question. Did you receive the refund immediately after receiving the letter or are you waiting for the refund to be processed and returned to your bank?
ehsankh wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am
Updates:

My second application got approved, and I received an ILR card a few days after.

I had to call the UK Visa customer service team to remind them about the withdrawal-form I filled in and received no refund after 20 working days. They helped me with escalating the case.

Today I received the confirmation on withdrawal from HO, which triggered the refund to be done after 28days.

ehsankh
Newly Registered

Post by ehsankh » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am

Hi,

It's the second option, I am waiting for the refund to be processed. I have received the confirmation on the fact that the refund will happen in the next 4 weeks.

Vincy1989 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:05 pm
Hi
I wondered if you are able to assist with a quick question. Did you receive the refund immediately after receiving the letter or are you waiting for the refund to be processed and returned to your bank?
ehsankh wrote:
Updates:

Vincy1989
Newly Registered
St Vincent & Grenadines

Post by Vincy1989 » Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:03 pm

Thank you. That's helpful.

ehsankh wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:02 am
Hi,

It's the second option, I am waiting for the refund to be processed. I have received the confirmation on the fact that the refund will happen in the next 4 weeks.

Vincy1989 wrote:
Hi
ehsankh wrote:
Updates:

imagineunicorns
Newly Registered

Post by imagineunicorns » Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:27 am

Hi, I am wanting to go through the same process to cancel and re submit my FLR M application. Please could you advise which form you used to withdraw your application? You would be helping me a great deal. I'm assuming it is the return of documents form. However, at the end it asks you to declare that you understand that you will not get refunded. Please could you advise what process you used? Thanks.
ehsankh wrote:
Hi,

Vincy1989 wrote:
Hi
ehsankh wrote:
Updates:

ehsankh
Newly Registered

Post by ehsankh » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:13 pm

Hi,

Sorry for late notice of your message

The withdrawal form's link is in: https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
I'd suggest you to read whole the pager carefully.

It would say so at the end. If you meet the refund conditions stated in the mentioned page (https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa), you should receive the refund.

Please remember to keep take screenshots and prints from the confirmation you receive after submitting this form. It will help you to follow up the issue later.
imagineunicorns wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:27 am
Hi, I am wanting to go through the same process to cancel and re submit my FLR M application. Please could you advise which form you used to withdraw your application? You would be helping me a great deal. I'm assuming it is the return of documents form. However, at the end it asks you to declare that you understand that you will not get refunded. Please could you advise what process you used? Thanks.
ehsankh wrote:
Hi,

Vincy1989 wrote:
Hi
ehsankh wrote:
Updates:

ehsankh
Newly Registered

Post by ehsankh » Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:22 pm

Following my message on Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am:

I finally received the refund. In order to do it, I had to:

1- Fill in the withdrawal form, in page: https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa
2- Call the UK Visa customer service team to remind them about the withdrawal-form I filled in and received no refund after 20 working days. They helped me with escalating the case
3- Fill in the complaint form after more than 1 month, to indicate that I haven't still received the refund(https://www.gov.uk/complain-uk-visas-immigration), which again went into more communications.

After doing all above, I received the refund in about 100 days.