General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!
Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.
Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, Zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator
- Junior Member
- Posts: 52
- Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:58 pm
Hi any one there for help?
I believe it is possible for a person to request and check if they have any unspent convictions. This is similar to the case where jobs mandate a person to be Security Cleared. The options are
1. Basic security certificate (thats shows unspent convictions) which a person can apply to check their own details provided they have lived in the UK for the last 12months.
2. Enhanced certificate showing spent and unspent convictions but only possible if a company/organization requests it. You cannot request this
3. The top most level for which I forgot the name but its not relevant.
For all those who are not sure if they have an unspent conviction, just like in my case (got Speeding Fine from Court as was on International DL hence no fixed penality but direct court letter), its best to check in this manner so you know where you stand. Those who also got points on their license but not sure if its a conviction can check this
Hope this helps
- Newly Registered
- Posts: 18
- Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:43 pm
what a difficult issue is to learn about unspent convictions !